Bruder Skidsteer 1/16 Conversion

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Bruder Skidsteer 1/16 Conversion

Post by Will01Capri »

Working on getting my Skidsteer conversion kit working nicely.

I have been working on several ways to make this a good conversion. Now with V3 i think i have cracked the chassis setup using a custom 3D printed base plate i designed myself.

I first started with a block of metal & micro geared motors with some holders. But that looked crap and ugly and wasn't very secure.

Next i tried a 3D printed chassis plate, but it just didn't look or feel right. V2 of that has now left me with this. I am very happy with it!

ImageV2 Conversion base has worked nicely to hold.motors and some front lights. Really chuffed how it turned out. by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageV2 Conversion base has worked nicely to hold.motors and some front lights. Really chuffed how it turned out. by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Also made a couple holes for low level front driving lights!

It still requires a bit of filing and sanding of the original Bruder chassis, but thats nothing!

Next job is to print hubs & adaptors for fitting original wheels/tyres, then onto making adaptors for the front shovel.

Mad little thing

Some previous videos of how i made the arms and shovel work
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

More to come
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?