Tamiya Toyota Celica Rally Car 58096

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya Toyota Celica Rally Car 58096

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have ordered up one from Hobby King. It is a brushed motor - I'm not sure brushless motors existed when I bought this!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

I don't suppose they did, but I thought I better mention it in case you came across brushless ESC if you were googling...... I have never built anything that needed brushless motors myself, most of the cars/boats I built in the past were operating at low & scale speeds. I would imagine the flyers use brushless. I don't use LIPO either, 7.2V NiMh is good enough for me.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just to say check that the esc has forward and reverse, they don't all have reverse, so it's worth checking.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

wibblywobbly wrote:Just to say check that the esc has forward and reverse, they don't all have reverse, so it's worth checking.
It does, I must admit I thought all car & boat ESC had forward/reverse & aircraft used just forward. I chose the one referenced because it came recommended in the OpenPanzer wiki
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Just a quick update. The ESC arrived, I plugged it in and everything works! Thanks for your help guys.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It's great when something can be fixed up so easily, good one! :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”