hobby engine crane

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
igotit
Lance Corporal

Re: hobby engine crane

Post by igotit »

alright :D
got over 3 hours on the thing since the electrical worl,think im gonna add a cooling fan to the stock board aswell.without tracks operational we been dogging out the swing alot.not sure if its a button problem on the transmitter or a control board problem,but every now n then swing cuts out for a second......but the buttons on tx are hard to press.
battery life is outstanding too.
transfering my sons legos into solo cups,me my boy taking turns making up all kinds of games.
i always win......when im ahead on points.....thats enough son,we will play again later. :haha:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Cool, sounds alot of fun. I defo like the mods. Have to do some myself eventually. But for now i just enjoy getting the crane out for a wee spin here and there. The clutches though are bloody annoying!
Read about alot of people gluing them solid, but i guess that is just asking for something to fry further down the line!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
igotit
Lance Corporal

Post by igotit »

i used small screws on my boom overload clutch,amd i made styrene shims for the hoist spring to increase its hold.
due to the parting system the boom has alot more power than the hoist.on heavy lifts i cheat and use the boom to lift when the hoist stalls out.thats a old trick from real friction cranes.

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”