1/10 4x4

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: 1/10 4x4

Post by jackalope »

Easy on switch and full light kit are both on order be here next Saturday!

Tomorrow I'm off and am heading to the park to take some video! It's supposed to be in the low 50's so I'll be able to stay out for awhile and not freeze. LOL!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Maybe your current downer on armour will lift with the Spring, Jack :think: Then again, maybe a rock crawler might be a ideal tonic, and serve as a valid alternative for a battler with nothing but shadows to battle ;)
That I understand, because I'm in the same position. However, I enjoy building tanks more than putting them through their paces, so the need for me to find someone to have an IR tussle with is practically nonexistent. :think:
As for clubs, and assholes..to quote Groucho: ".."I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.." :haha:
In the meantime, we look forward to the Crawler tapes. Sounds fun. :thumbup: Variety is the spice of Life, it's said.Who knows, I might even try one myself ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Took it off road today to the same trails I ran my tanks on. This however did the whole trail on 1 battery and never needed a helping hand other then where a big tree fell across the trail, other then that it did everything by itself.

Here's a link to the trail it did today, 2.4 mile trail but I ran the same spots numerous times.
http://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/maryl ... loop-trail

And a little video.... https://youtu.be/q6veBrcn0FE
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

We have many walks and trails like that around here, Terry, and no shortage of rocks, either. :) Looks like a great place for rock tests, and peace. :thumbup:
Most impressed with the Land Rover's handling of boulders and water... :thumbup: Power consumption (lack of) is a decided plus with one of these 4WD off-roaders :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

There are a few Land Rover D90 and D110 bodyshells for sale in 1/10 scale which will fit modified Tamiya (& others) chassis for anyone contemplating a DIY build of one. I am busy building a D90 on a Tamiya CC-01 chassis & eventually when I get a 3D printer I hope to make my own replica of the 3 Series 88" Air Portable I used to own if I can find some scale drawings of the vehicle.

It is fair to say these will not be as robust (or waterproof) as the one jackalope has bought.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Hey I have an OLD TT01 that I fitted with a Traxxas brushless motor and 3cell lipo. Had to replace every gear in it with aluminum as the plastic gears would just melt after 3-5 minutes of running if the teeth weren't just ripped off of them. Silly thing must do almost 50mph, damn near uncontrollable! LMAO! I have a BMW M3 body on it, really runs its ass off!
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Way too fast for me, I don't have a big enough 'playground' for that sort of speed & my reaction times are probably too slow now too.

I tend to stick with stock motors, I have a TT-02 chassis with Subaru XV body & the CC-01 which is having it's wheelbase & drivetrain lengthened for the D90 body shell. That has been put on the shelf for the moment as I am too busy sorting my King Tiger electronics.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Parking lot! LOL!
rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

jackalope wrote:Parking lot! LOL!
Like many things in the USA, your parking lots are a LOT bigger than ours in the UK.....
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

rochesb wrote:
jackalope wrote:Parking lot! LOL!
Like many things in the USA, your parking lots are a LOT bigger than ours in the UK.....
Ah... didn't know that.

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”