Bruder low loader.

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Bruder low loader.

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home from work. I still have two more of those Bruder trailers waiting in the wings.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Okay, I found it on eBay UK, but I'm wondering how you would use the dolly if you put in that plate? I suppose you could put a different fifth wheel on the dolly, eh?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As I said in the text the plate comes with a king pin that couples the trailer to the truck by locking into the 5th wheel, and whether it is an Articulated Truck fitted with a chassis mounted 5th wheel or a Drawbar Truck towing a Dolly mounted 5th wheel either way the kingpin fixed under the trailer will connect the trailer to the 5th wheel.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The stock dolly has a large diameter kingpin hole, to fit the original kingpin on the trailer. If you put in this plate and kingpin it will no longer fit the stock dolly, as the kingpin will be way too small.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When I examined the plate and the parts that came with it I knew straight away that the kingpin was not large enough for the 5th wheel that Will made me so I retapped the thread to take a larger bolt,
It really was very easy and fitting a suitable size pin for the dolly should present little or no problem at all.
The kingpin that came with the plate included a sleeved shoulder that took the pin out to a similar width as in the original plastic fitting on the trailer but it is far too broad for a regular 5th wheel but it does allow for a greater choice of connections to trucks and dolly's.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

When I got to use a Scammel EKA for recovery operation there were 2 cup adaptors for connecting to various different size trailer kingpins.
As for the older Scammel tractor of WW2 era we used one in N.Ireland.
In Osnabruck I was asked to go and bring the Leland Hippo to the workshop, I hadn’t a clue as to what it was.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I have been looking at these low loader trailers for sometime with a view to convert into a drawbar/ dolly pulled low loader trailer which can then be universal as to which truck it’s pulled behind
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

During my Driver training in the early 60s I got to drive a lot of WW2 British Army trucks including the Hippo as well as a Thorneycroft and a WW2 Bedford QL rebuild and discovered for the first time my love for motorcycles when I rode my first motorbike a BSA M20,
As far as wreccers go I rated the Bedford RL light as the best looking and best equipped and the Leyland Martian as the most promising but easily the most disappointing.
In those days the only British recovery truck in the service that you could guarantee to do the job was a Scammel.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Sadly no one makes the scammel cabs but if or when they do I would be buying
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

When at Bulford part of 27 Regt RCT had 19 Tank Transporter Sqn .......the mighty Antar

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”