Duchess of Montrose

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Duchess of Montrose

Post by dylan9391 »

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j38 ... 225921.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/IMG]

This locomotive is a 00 gauge model that I had constructed using an old K's whitemetal lead kit on a brass Comet models frames. The locomotive has a powerful Portescap motor but does not like anything less than Hornby Radius three curves due to it's very scale chassis. I was looking in Scale Military Modelling and a company has reproduced a 1/35 scale German armoured railway engine and another company provides rolling stock and bogies etc. Great for modellers in that scale, but for the railway modeller it's a pity as it would be great to motorise it and run it on my 00 gauge railway, with some 1/72/1/76 tanks.

The motorising is straightforward and so is making working handbuilt track, which I have done before for EM and P4 gauge models, but it would be nice to just assemble and run it as is on my current layout.

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”