Re: 70's Tyco alive and well

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

70's Tyco alive and well

Post by Tailend charlie »

Here are a few pics of the Tyco layout I built with my 9 yr old son. It is a copy of the one I had as a kid in '75. We also built a O gage track to in circle his room 7' of the ground. I hope you enjoy the pics.
You have nothing to fear, but fear its self. Or maybe a KT too!
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

looks good , mind you i wouldnt want a de railment at that height,
all the best,ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

Hello Tailend charlie,
        Thanks for posting the pictures for us all to injoy,great train layout also.I like the railcars with a lot of the clasic names on them.
You also have a nice collection of engines,a good variety of locomotive power.That is a layout that anyone would be proud to own.The over-head track is also a cool set-up.There are some restaurants around are area who have some set up that way and are very popular with the customers.Thanks again for posting the pictures.
                                          BIGMIG  ;D ;D
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

Thanks guys. It looks like mine did at the time. With the exception he has twice as much stuff. Everything I wanted, but couldn't get. He set everything up. Half the time you find engines and cars sharing the roads. Still have to put the roads down and install the famous Tyco flashing traffic lights. I use to have a 12'x12' O gage set up with full comand control, but a work related accedent forced me to sell of most of it. One day i will have my Lionel back. Til then Tyco all the way.
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

With the layout I'm working on I have bought quite a few misc-buildings for it off ebay and as you well know some of these buildings and houses have great detail in them,they are so great.This is one thing I have found that seems to be fairly safe to buy used and at a big savings from new prices.A lot of this stuff for sale there and I have been very lucky so far getting buildings in good condition and as advertised,although a little dusty and some cleaning was in order.         
                                                          BIGMIG  ;) ;)
Tailend charlie
Lance Corporal

I really like the Woodland scenes HO buildings. Talk about detail. The problem is they cost as much as O gage structures that have half the detail.  So right now I am sticking with the $2 to $5 Tyco structures. When my son gets older I will build him a better and more detailed HO set up. Maybe with digital control. For now if something gets damage it is not a major loss.

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”