My Lovely KM1 "Glaskasten"

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
rctiger1
Private

My Lovely KM1 "Glaskasten"

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello Everyone
Just thought fellow members might like to look at some of my pics from My super KM1 Glaskasten

whilst I have owned it for a while, it has never run.In fact I was in the process of selling it.
I do not think you can beat the sheer physical size of Spur/Gauge1 even the glaskasten,one of the smaller locomotives comes in at over 2 KG! it includes such delights as Dynamic smoke meaning the smoke coming from the chimney is very prototypical,not just an unconvincing wiff of grey smoke.It contains real lok sounds,lighting inside and out,opening doors,amazing detail and comes with museum Gloves to handle it.
anyway hope you enjoy the pics

Best wishes Steve[/size] :D :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5047.JPG (81.63 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
jarndice
Colonel

Re: My Lovely KM1 "Glaskasten"

Post by jarndice »

Now That Is what I call Engineering, :clap: :clap:
A beautiful piece of work and something that if it were mine I should never think of selling,
I would Put it in a glass case and throw roses at it everyday. :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello Shaun
Yes it is the best thing I have ever owned,but spur 1 is the rolls royce end of the hobby and I am in the sinclair C5 money bracket! bought it by closing my eyes and making all the excuses in the world why I should buy and how I would build a Gauge 1 empire Alas not to be :( .Must add at this point I did not build it, they come pre built ready to run from the factory (KM1) in Germany

all the very best Steve :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_5057.JPG
IMG_5057.JPG (81.54 KiB) Viewed 7395 times
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

NEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: ....nothing like an old time Chugger :D

ALPHA
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Good Day ALPHA
Great to hear from you,No the old ones are the best as far I am concerned

cheers Steve
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Wow..what a boy's fantasy that is 8O ... looks like the King of boy's toys, and reminds me that many years ago, when my daughter was only three months old..I 'bought HER' a working Mamod steam roller model...an engineering miracle I'd always myself wanted as a boy, but something my parents could never afford. 'Bought her' is in inverted commas, because my wife of the time (now my 'ex'..but still a solid friend) 'queried' the purchase ...'queried' is putting it mildly :-< since our finances were somewhat stretched at the time, post University (1970s), and austerity was everywhere. My weak justifications, hand-wringing, and pleas, fell on deaf ears...and, as she was reaching for the rolling pin (figurative in this instance) ...I was compelled to return the model to the shop..'or else!!' @) @)
Anyway, this is what the model looked like and, as you can see, it's an ideal plaything for a three month old girl!!! :haha: Hmmmmm., it still looks very tempting. I'll have to toss a coin: .....T34, or Mamod team roller, or steam car?!!
Attachments
Working steam powered model. Ideal for babies!
Working steam powered model. Ideal for babies!
Mamod Steam engine Tractor.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 7364 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello 43rdRecceReg
Very nice to hear from you,and thank you for sharing your MAMOD story.
I never quite got a mamod model as a kid.

No photos I can display can do justice to the quality of these locomotives and of course the Carriages,wagons e.t.c.
they are really something

Best wishes Steve
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

rctiger1 wrote:Good Day ALPHA

cheers Steve
I would agree...though my collection includes diesels ....Nothing has more Character than Steamers...the old ones like yours are the most alluring ;)
Two other Favorites of mine is the John Bull

and one the locals here on the board might like

The Rocket

I have both in HO scale...Unfortunately too small to have smoke or sound...so you kind of have to either imagine them or make your own lol

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Wow..what a boy's fantasy that is 8O ... looks like the King of boy's toys, and reminds me that many years ago, when my daughter was only three months old..I 'bought HER' a working Mamod steam roller model...an engineering miracle I'd always myself wanted as a boy, but something my parents could never afford. 'Bought her' is in inverted commas, because my wife of the time (now my 'ex'..but still a solid friend) 'queried' the purchase ...'queried' is putting it mildly :-< since our finances were somewhat stretched at the time, post University (1970s), and austerity was everywhere. My weak justifications, hand-wringing, and pleas, fell on deaf ears...and, as she was reaching for the rolling pin (figurative in this instance) ...I was compelled to return the model to the shop..'or else!!' @) @)
Anyway, this is what the model looked like and, as you can see, it's an ideal plaything for a three month old girl!!! :haha: Hmmmmm., it still looks very tempting. I'll have to toss a coin: .....T34, or Mamod team roller, or steam car?!!
I've still got my mammod traction engine, I (and my dad) always wanted the Willesco version but it was a bit expensive.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

ALPHA wrote:
rctiger1 wrote:Good Day ALPHA

cheers Steve
I would agree...though my collection includes diesels ....Nothing has more Character than Steamers...the old ones like yours are the most alluring ;)
Two other Favorites of mine is the John Bull

and one the locals here on the board might like

The Rocket

I have both in HO scale...Unfortunately too small to have smoke or sound...so you kind of have to either imagine them or make your own lol

ALPHA
My favourite iteration of John Bull when they put a cab on her

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”