My Lovely KM1 "Glaskasten"

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: My Lovely KM1 "Glaskasten"

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Alpha, how can I put it?...yep..you're delightfully perverse :haha: :haha: By the way, the Chinese have a reputation for eating 'anything that moves', and as for the 'butt', well, for some people the 'Parson's nose' (perhaps an urban myth) is supposed to be a delicacy. :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Alpha, how can I put it?...yep..you're delightfully perverse :haha: :haha: By the way, the Chinese have a reputation for eating 'anything that moves', and as for the 'butt', well, for some people the 'Parson's nose' (perhaps an urban myth) is supposed to be a delicacy. :haha:
There are many things considered Delicacies 43....Doesn't mean you have to consume them :haha:
There has arisen from the new Trendy Cuisines of some Chefs....adding a new word/term to the culinary world...that would be Offal....yes ...it is pretty much what it sounds like...and will have most choking back their own regurgitations
Spoiler: show

Don't believe the HYPE....the stuff is truly AWFUL
;)

ALPHA
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

....Euuuucgh..But I did like 'Hannibal Lecter's Larder' :haha: Actually, offal (old English off-fall, German Abfall) comes from a time when nothing could be wasted. Thus, as a kid at the end of rationing, eating tripe, pig's trotters, or even brains was quite common, and I found it just as disgusting then as I do now.... :thumbdown: and nobody made the slightest attempt to disguise these bits with piecrust, or sausage skins...or even McDonalds burgers.
In that spirit, then here is a real 'pig's breakfast':
Attachments
Tank designed to make Isil fighters laugh themselves to death...
Tank designed to make Isil fighters laugh themselves to death...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: :haha: You found a lot of those armored porta potties :haha: :haha:
Who ever is responsible must have put great importance of the performing of NO.2 :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

ALPHA wrote::haha: :haha: :haha: You found a lot of those armored porta potties :haha: :haha:
Who ever is responsible must have put great importance of the performing of NO.2 :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Well, old bean, I think that war has a reputation for its superior laxative effects (that's why uniforms are often 'khaki' coloured :lolno: )..but the improvised tanks..well, finding them is a product of idleness and a sense of the absurd. I had a good friend and mentor, a well known Scottish landscape painter (died a couple years ago, sadly) who told me that everything he did in life, and especially in art, was a 'controlled accident'. He'd had a fascinating life- and John Schlesinger (Director of "Midnight cowboy") in his early directorial days had made a small biopic of Jim's life for the BBC. Anyway, I asked Jim to write his own autobiography. No response, then- months later- a small, otherwise blank ,policeman's notebook appeared in the post. Written in Jim's unmistakeable hand atop page 1 were the words: "I've started it..you can add the rest". Another controlled accident..just like finding things for the general behoof...or the behoof of the General :haha: as you know very well....
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

here's an interesting piece from Youtube. There's a certain snobbery about IR, I feel, when balanced against Airsoft..so here's someone with an original take on real ballistics in RCtanks (I've never been a fan of firing blanks in any form by the way:lolno: ):
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Well, old bean, I think that war has a reputation for its superior laxative effects (that's why uniforms are often 'khaki' coloured :lolno:
Been there ...have seen and done more than probably anyone here on the board...all we needed were shovels ;)

ALPHA
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

ALPHA wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote: Well, old bean, I think that war has a reputation for its superior laxative effects (that's why uniforms are often 'khaki' coloured :lolno:
Been there ...have seen and done more than probably anyone here on the board...all we needed were shovels ;)

ALPHA
In which case, Alpha, I salute you..and your pants, of course. Genuinely. :thumbup: Still, in the spirit of friendly joshing, and being conscious of having diverted poor Steve's steam-powered thread into apparent irrelevance... i return us to the steam powered theme ( with military application).. :lolno: :lolno:
Attachments
Khaki pants,,,for those Over the top moments..
Khaki pants,,,for those Over the top moments..
Khaki pants.jpg (115.43 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:think: ....
About time for a musical Interlude .............. :D

ALPHA
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

ALPHA wrote::think: ....
About time for a musical Interlude .............. :D

ALPHA
Sheer nostalgia (apart from the theme...). Great voice, great songwriter, horribly abbreviated life. : :| I have all of his best work on disc..but 'Chain gang; it's like a theme in 'Parchment Farm by Bukka White, but with a finesse that obscures the song's meaning. Here's a sort of chain gang (old English sense: 'going', 'gait')..back on track:
Attachments
Chain gang drive.jpg
Chain gang drive.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”