Armoured Scout trains

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
mike1268
Corporal

Armoured Scout trains

Post by mike1268 »

Cant find any information about the real things, I've emailed the company that produce these. They have said they will get back to me.

cant seem to get the image to show

jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Armoured Scout trains

Post by jackalope »

Google search is your friend! A quick look and I found 2 Wikipedia pages with lots of links to pics and even video.

Back to the Google listings and there are lots links about armored trains. Again some even are for you tube and show WWII German propaganda videos for their armored trains.

None of the pics I found looked like the ones in your pics. Some were close but no cigar.
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Yeah, I spent a few hours trying to find the exact design with no luck.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'm thinking it's a butt design, a design they pulled out of their butts that is!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

There's usually a set on Evilbay, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liliput-136504- ... 3a9591487a This set has four cars, but I've seen two-car sets sell for around $100. Dragon used to make a couple of different versions in 1/35, and they probably are large enough to figure out a Gauge One mechanism of some sort.
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

jackalope wrote:I'm thinking it's a butt design, a design they pulled out of their butts that is!
Haha, I was thinking this too. I would be supprized if it is though. Its produced by liliput which is part of the bachman company. Both have reputations for accuracy and realism. I have asked them to provide me with their source material for producing this model.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I found a pretty good review of these Liliput trains here: http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/in ... -Panzerzug

I remember many years ago that someone at Danville made a working one in 1/16, using a Heng Long Panzer III turret. I believe it was set up for IR battling, too. Late note: found it on Willy's site: http://www.customrcmodels.com/Gardenrai ... _train.htm
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

The 1/16 is really cool!

The other link is really helpful too. I havent opened mine up but I didnt think there would be room for a DCC unit. Will have to give it a go. My DR52 is DCC and would be nice to run them together.

I will post some pics of my DR and carages at some point. All in camo and have got AA guns, a 109 on a falt bed, tankers.... all sorts. :)
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Now that I have a bigger screen and not just my phone to look at your pics Mike I can see the other cars in the train look like they'd have a turret on the roof similer to the ones Sasgrunt posted so I'd have to say they probably correct. The close up shot of the car with the birdcage or whatever it is on the roof I haven't the foggiest though as I haven't found any pics of elsewhere but there must be at least 1 if it is being made.
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

From what I can tell, the caged one goes at the front and is the officers car, the two in the middle are for troops and the back one is the only one with a cannon on it. The reason i say the caged one goes at the fron is because that is the only motorised unit in the set and it just makes a mess of trains if you push them for too long.

All ive ever seen of these is these models and no pics or designs of the real thing. They must have got the design from somewhere and its bugging me not know where ... lol

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”