GG1 to be redone..Now done

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: GG1 to be redone..Now done

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Beautiful paintwork, my friend!
regards,
Painless
Thanks Painless... Eight coats of clear on this baby :crazy: ...haven't attempted this kind of paint in decades

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

sassgrunt wrote:That is a beautiful job all around on that engine - not just the execution of the paint, but the overall decision on the color scheme and markings as well. Most people would get so hung up on having to make it prototypical that they'd never even consider doing a "what-if" livery. I like the various iterations of GG1's, but I think I like your scheme best of all! (Maybe you should copyright it, and see if you can start a following). Very cool.
Copyright...HMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think: Interesting idea Sass :D ...think any model companies would be interested? :haha: Thing is it's a mutation of the standard Pennsy single stripe paint job.... though I've never seen it done before ;) ....I did see one where the modeller copied the Amtrak paint scheme and did the hoods in orange instead of red...and used the infamous Long Island "speed" lettering in orange... that was good looking too..But this is one I probably have wanted to do for a long time...the opportunity just never came around...the price I ended up paying for the five car set and the engine...made this a prime candidate for the change
Hopefully I didn't devalue it ;)

Thanks for the kind words my friend... one day when you drop by...you can see the true colors...for some reason my camera lens plus the florescent lighting makes it look more blue than the color it really is ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Found a close up of Injun Joe

ALPHA

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”