Any thoughts

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Any thoughts

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:I'd happily own it....wouldn't say it was ugly...can't see much wrong with the paint job... :) be interesting to compare once you've worked your magic :P Whats the info on the train, remember me no expert......
It's ugly when one is used to looking at one painted like these

:haha: :haha:

It's a great looking engine....but dang...that paint...never really liked commemorative paint schemes(they don't really appreciate )...so off to a custom job once she arrives ;)

Crossing my fingers I still have some magic left to make her something to enjoy ;)

ALPHA
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Yer see what mean....you best get painting... :thumbup: do you spray or brush..
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:I'd happily own it....wouldn't say it was ugly...can't see much wrong with the paint job... :) be interesting to compare once you've worked your magic :P Whats the info on the train, remember me no expert......
History is it's a Pennsylvania GG1 .... diesel / electric... the pantographs were for urban running...when they would raise them up to touch overhead power lines ...turn off the diesel engines... and pull loads through....

This one is O scale...three rail...and ugly as heck :haha: :haha: ...TCA is a group that sets grading standards for model trains...this is one of their commemorative productions ...Cast body...and trucks...with a pressed steel undercarrage...powered by two can motors ...no sound :thumbdown:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Yer see what mean....you best get painting... :thumbup: do you spray or brush..
Both... haven't done a Train in years... I like to get them factory painted...the value is sustained that way ;) ... Custom Painted isn't usually a deal maker...depends on the finish ...that's what determines if it will appreciate or depreciate...especially in O scale.... so I will definitely have to use many tricks that I've filed away to do this one ..want it to be relatively pretty... and something different ;)

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Hey I was wondering if you changed it that it might devalue it, I thought that collectors like stuff mint and untouched... :think:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Hey I was wondering if you changed it that it might devalue it, I thought that collectors like stuff mint and untouched... :think:
Leaving it as it is doesn't help TCA members are usually shops..the ones that do appreciate are ones that have an outstanding paint job on it ...this one is kind of blah compared to some of the other TCA club offerings I've seen...With that said....I have two choices ...as I already have two factory painted like this

One is a dummy (unpowered)....I could either switch the shell...and have two powered (though altering the A-B set could affect the value as well...as the set is supposed to have the dummy )... and store the TCA version away...or paint it
probably decide when it arrives and check out the condition ;)

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha:

ALPHA
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

Hey Alpha I forgot to tell you that little loco went for £54.50 :O well over what I was prepared to pay....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Jake79 wrote:Hey Alpha I forgot to tell you that little loco went for £54.50 :O well over what I was prepared to pay....
:O That is way too much...good you got out of that one...too bad you aren't in the US Jake...my T1 there are now about three that are priced lower than what I got mine for... two are buy it now ..and one is up for bids ...someone is going to get a super deal on that... saw it yesterday... hovering at 200 US...I would go in at that price..but the seller doesn't send to Hawaii :thumbdown:

Kind of Sucks...because I asked them if they were sure they wouldn't send here... and they redirect me to their website where everything is retail :wtf:

ALPHA

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”