Pennsylvania / LONG ISLAND RR

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Pennsylvania / LONG ISLAND RR

Post by ALPHA »

Comparison of the two...Both made by Weaver ...all Brass construction

You can see the differences...in both the engines and tenders...Weaver did an excellent job replicating these two engines... :D
Anyone interested in a MTH K4 torpedo :haha:

TOOT TooT TOOT TooT TOOT GENTS ;) Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Some real images of the two K4 streamlines

By far ...the most beautiful engines were run by Pennsylvania RR :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

New Cabooses :D
One by Lionel the other by Mikes Train House or MTH..both "Bay windowed" both LONG ISLAND
First the Lionel...this one is equipped with the works...smoke lights ...full interior I would say the only thing that Lionel didn't do was to
put some metal spring loaded trucks...like K line did

The MTH.... it's a nice well made caboose...a little bare boned in comparison to the Lionel and the K line...the color is passable as well as the lettering
detail is par ...no smoke only lights

If I were to compare the three...(K line on the first page) I would say the K line is the best of them... What's ironic is ...because it's a K line ...it cost less :crazy:

TooT TooT Gents Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just thought I'd bring the K line Caboose over for comparison
some of the features Lionel and MTH didn't include
Die cast metal sprung trucks
Working marker lamps..and smoke ! :D the Lionel and MTH have end beam lights that work off the interior light..but no marker lamps
Lionel has smoke..MTH none

I also like the two tone lettering better than the Lionel and the MTH...also the roofwalk as Lionel and MTH are very much the same in appearance

K line is not a really impressive maker ... only some of their models are really recognized as being good..reason I am surprised at the quality of this one caboose :D
I do feel they blew the top two out of the water or off the tracks ;)

Toot Toot Gents Image

ALPHA

PS. one thing cool about the three...they can all be run in one consist...as they all have been numbered differently :D
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

Hey Alpha you are into armour and trains, look this one up and see if it will fit in with your set up http://www.vonabt.co.uk/models/Dora/DoraBuild.htm :D :D :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jaw7620 wrote:Hey Alpha you are into armour and trains, look this one up and see if it will fit in with your set up http://www.vonabt.co.uk/models/Dora/DoraBuild.htm :D :D :D
That's an Impressive build Jaw...1/6th scale to boot 8O ...that rail gun must be huge...I'd say the closest I've ever got to that was in HO scale...where I had both the Hasegawa 1/72 scale THOR...and Anzio Annie rolling on the rails at the train club that I was part of way back when...it was kind of fun...as I was the only one to run Military consists :D

Thanks for sharing that ...it is really something ...and it shows how the two hobbies can meld together :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Found this while waiting to go to dinner this afternoon and thought of you.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Flea Market Find
Flea Market Find
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Found this while waiting to go to dinner this afternoon and thought of you.
regards,
Painless
:haha: :haha: I would wonder why Painless :haha: :haha: :haha: ...not that the searchlight car isn't cool...but dang that sucker is dirty :haha:
It was the biggest criticism and point of jocular digs at train meets....as everyone else's consists were weathered and beat....my equipment was always kept clean ...engines shiny ... cars and loads scratch and dust free :D

My favorite reply was .... We on the Pennsylvania railroad have pride.... we wash and polish everything :D

Even my German train....they were all done in flat paints..but no weathering...used to say a dirty gun is a gun that won't fire :haha:

Fun times for sure :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

The gondola car would work though ....had a cool trick I used to do back then... those cars are usually very light and would occasionally derail ....I would line them with cardboard... go down to local key shops and ask for the brass that came off the making of keys ...it was great.... never painted the brass..and would tell the others in the club that I'm hauling gold :haha: :haha: :haha:

The added benefit was the brass gave the car quite a bit of added weight ...so would ride the rail very well ;)

ALPHA

PS. Hardly collect the cars anymore O scale takes more space than HO ...plus there are too many to choose from...the genres vary from realistic to fun (novelty cars)...now I stick with engines and cabooses ...mostly cabooses... it's just in the past few months I've had a strike of luck with the engines ;)

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”