Pennsylvania / LONG ISLAND RR

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
ALPHA
Major-General

Pennsylvania / LONG ISLAND RR

Post by ALPHA »

Something that never left my heart... cabooses .... since leaving trains behind me... I collect cabooses...O scale or standard gauge...about 1/48th scale more or less
My latest acquisition...completely made of brass... factory painted
the PENNSYLVANIA RR N5

Pennsy was the only line to have antenna on their engines and cabooses...mostly for internal communications between
the engine crew and tail man

Painted in Pennsy Classic tuscan red with black roof...this one is classic :D

Toot Toot Gents Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Pennsylvania N5 caboose + T1 Duplex

Post by ALPHA »

Another new acquisition.... Another Pennsylvania Icon the T1 Duplex

Made by Ajin/Overland...completely done in Brass...Factory Paint of Brunswick Green with yellow striping
condition on a scale of 1 to 10... I'd say an 8...got a pretty good deal on it :D
Almost 20lbs... the 28 inch beast is really something...one of my favorite engines from back in the day of HO modelling...figured I'd treat myself to this O scale monster
there were two versions of this engine...this is the unskirted

Toot Toot Gents Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Pennsylvania / LONG ISLAND RR

Post by ALPHA »

Another one for my collection....Didn't even know they made this in O scale....found it by taking a chance and searching on EBAY
made by K Line... The LONG ISLAND BAY WINDOW CABOOSE :D

Die cast metal sprung trucks
Working marker lamps..and smoke ! :D
Perforated metal walkway
Factory lettered and paint
That includes "DASHING DAN"..and the two trainmen inside :thumbup:

I am elated with this purchase... I had one in HO...it was a resin kit (junk resin)...Painted and detailed that one...till one day it tragically fell to the floor and shattered into bits.... the company went out of business...so I couldn't replace it :thumbdown:
Now I have this Factory done Gem... my collection is healed :D

Toot Toot Gents ImageImageImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

These are the only two railroads I modeled and now collect...Reason is Long Island was a branch off of the Pennsylvania Rail Road
It was great fun back in the day when the club would get down on me for primarily running Pennsylvania Equipment :haha:
Imagine the shock ...the day I introduced my second RR... :haha:

Some additional FYI on the Long Island RR Logo...apparently Dashing Dan needed a Mate :D

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

New Acquisition ... The Iconic PENNSYLVANIA N5C caboose... when I first saw this caboose..I was modeling primarily Ho..still have a few of those one I scratch built ..the rest made by a couple other companies... nice...but not as nice as this one...the crazy thing is...the brass counterparts in HO cost more that this one cost me ...reason after awhile I gave up HO and went with O...as it is the same with the engines and rolling stock ;)

THE N5C
Completely done in Brass ...by Weaver
The detail to the walkways and antenna coils are outstanding
The undercarriage has all the details ..even the air / hydraulic lines
Factory painted and printed ...really terrific stuff :D

TooT TooT Gents Image

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

That's some collection
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:That's some collection
Thanks Horses.... I just like trains ....can't seem to get them out of my blood...started when I was very young...I know you get to work around them so may be kind of tired of them...but for me...there is something ...shall I say...romantic about them
Don't have too much rolling stock anymore....reason I didn't really jump on that tank car....but I have close to a hundred of those porthole cabooses...mostly in plastic...but old Lionel versions...don't really care for the new Lionels...as they are now made in China...and very cheaply done

Anyway... the Brass cabooses and engines are slowly becoming very rare...there are only a few companies now that produce them...both of the ones and the T1 Duplex are all OOP....and no longer made in brass in this scale
What can I say...........Had a Banner month last .... usually you don't come across these too often :D

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Love the duplex! I've always loved Locos like this, the garrets and the mallets.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:Love the duplex! I've always loved Locos like this, the garrets and the mallets.
Didn't take photos yet...but last month I was able to lock down two...that's one...doesn't have the full skirted front...the second one isn't brass...but is fully skirted..and sports a good size PENNSY keystone on the tender..and Yup...love the big steamers.. :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way Tom...not sure you are interested...but Pennsylvania and Great Northern were the only two railroads that ran steamers similar to those in Europe...they all had the box backed boilers....for extra power...even the small switchers had them ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”