WAXLOW RD JUNTION em gauge

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!
daktari
Private

WAXLOW RD JUNTION em gauge

Post by daktari »

hi
here is some photos of my model railway it is 28ft x 10ft and now in its 13 year of contrution.
it is set in june 1918 on the west london line which was run by the london and north western railway and great western railway and a couple of smaller companys.
its the main route across london from north to south so a lot of traffic use the route.
the layout is built to em gauge standards 4mm to the foot 1/76 scale.
all the point work is hand built.
most of the rolling stock is kit built brass or white metal or plastic for wagons ect
i chose this loction and period so i can run trains with tanks on and lot of millatry stuff heading from the north on its way to france.
looking from the station looking north the biscit factory is on you left.
the station modeled on west hampstead [roof needs to be repaired plastic card warped]

looking north towards signal box an goods warhouse

siganal box built by my good friend and excellant modller graham baker of GRAMODELS.painted by my self.

looking south from signal box.

the goods warhouse which graham has been working on for 3 years which is nearly finished im meant to be starting to paint it this christmas.

the goods warhouse all the windows ect have been cast in resin to be inserted after painting.
wippet tanks on the way to france on warflats by gramodels.

hope you like what you see sorry about photo quality cant find the tripod so had to use flash.
kind regards
daktari
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: WAXLOW RD JUNTION em gauge

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That is some layout Daktari..... It's not common knowledge goes into doing something like what you have there....I mean there is a lot to take in... from the top view.... but I can picture how all the intricate wiring and mechanical hookups are there that are hidden ...Outstanding work... you must have a great deal of patience...all I can do is applaud all your work and efforts before sitting back in awe :clap:

I also like the inclusion of the armor :D

ALPHA
Sirdubalot
Recruit

Post by Sirdubalot »

Hand made point work very impressive, that layout is a credit to you.

Regards,

Willy.......
daktari
Private

Post by daktari »

Hi willy

Thank you will add some updated photos very soon

Tony

Return to “Trains / Locomotives”