Tanks & Trains

This section is for all of you who would like to 'show and tell' about your Trains / Locomotives - whatever the scale or gauge!

Postby Jimster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 pm

Since I’m an old model railroader I think I’m going to combine my new hobby with my old hobby. I enjoy seeing videos of rc tank meets where a large scale train is either hauling a V2 or transporting tanks and trucks on flatcars. I just bought this LGB diesel loco for my fledgling garden railway. It’s not the exact same scale but it’s close and it’s lettered for the Deutsche Reichsbahn. I’m thinking about adding a road In the garden for tank maneuvers and a spur track for loading supplies off a ramp onto a flatcar. Sort of a mini tank playground. I might even attempt to haul my Tiger or my flak 36 8.8. Anybody else here combine these two hobbies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimster
Staff Sergeant

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 am

:D :thumbup: Very Nice.! I'm sure many here will be immediately repatriated to childhood desires, with one look at your setup. :thumbup: :wave:
Are those tracks made of brass? A member here (Tiggr), who's not been only lately, configured his garden with tunnels, and halts (platforms) specifically for Tanks and Trains.
Here's a started thread on the topic, but search out his own contributions :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27029&p=258444&hilit=tiggr#p258444
Also Jackalope, a mod and notable tank enhancer here, drives, or did drive (?), Locos. :D The BIG ones with mega horsepower...
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Return to Trains / Locomotives