Help wanted; RC-up the 1/72 Matchbox Flower Class Corvette

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
Rob1970
Corporal

Help wanted; RC-up the 1/72 Matchbox Flower Class Corvette

Post by Rob1970 »

In the remnants of my static model stash I have a 1/72 scale Flower class corvette. Originaly a Matchbox kit, but I have the Revell rebox. As a wee lad I built the original Matchbox kit, played with it, and at one point scuttled it. Yes, I was young and dumb(er)...

Now I want to re-do it, but properly. At the moment in the research-phase of this project, and already ordered a book (ya know, those things made of paper) on the subject. https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Ship...es-ePub/p/7564

Now I obviously need the RC gear (transmitter, receiver, ESC, sevos) and a motor. Shaft and a prop, rudder, and possibly more servos to do stuff like turning guns and turret.
I am pondering getting one of those darn new-fangled digital sets, so I can use it for multiple... profiles I think is the term the kids use? Maybe even for tanks later?
Well, definitely also for tanks later. I'm eyeing the Torro M16 halftrack and the awesome Elmod things you can do with it... so that's one thing to consider when making a shopping list.

Can anyone help me fill a shopping list? For RCing-up the Flower Class first?

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Help wanted; RC-up the 1/72 Matchbox Flower Class Corvet

Post by jarndice »

Hi, I have no idea if this dealer stocks such small scale but they have been very helpful to me in the past-----
www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

This trusted seller sold me his conversion kits for a 1/35 PT Boat and 1/200 Bismarck RC conversion. I have not used them yet but they are good quality items shipped in one package that would likely be more expensive elsewhere or purchased individually, not knowing if they fit.

The Flower RC conversion kit below seems to be a good starting point for you, with free speedPak shipping that makes it within 2 weeks. He sold a bunch of them and feedback is good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293812913849?h ... SwktpfoXs6
Flower RC conversion
Flower RC conversion
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Well, that's a start. The hard part for me is figuring out which radio/receiver combo to go with. I used to have a Robbe 2-channel radio waaaaay back, when we still used crystals and speed controllers that were basically a contact you dragged over a bunch of copper windings... Nowadays it's all digital and stuff, with so many options. And it looks like I might want a set that will let me use it on upgraded tanks and other stuff.
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

You should check reviews on the web for latest 2021 scores and see what you like. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with a 10 channels Flysky.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

lmcq11 wrote:You should check reviews on the web for latest 2021 scores and see what you like. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with a 10 channels Flysky.
I was just going to say FlySky 10ch be perfect, its hugely capable, lots of functions and cheap and easy to use. Good model memory aswell and receivers appear to be available
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”