German Type VII U-boat submarine (dive/re-surface demo)

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
dominicm
Lance Corporal

German Type VII U-boat submarine (dive/re-surface demo)

Post by dominicm »

Filmed at Southern Model Show in Headcorn, Kent, UK. I find these models fascinating. Not only super realistic in appearance but superbly driven and demonstrated to an appreciative crowd at the show.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: German Type VII U-boat submarine (dive/re-surface demo)

Post by Max-U52 »

Very cool. Thanks for posting that. My grandfather was killed on the U52, so anything that involves U-boats is always fascinating to me.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A beautifully detailed and skillfully presented model. :thumbup: It's probably a shade too big for my bath, but there's a sizeable Loch at the bottom of my path :) is the model available commercially, or was it scratch built from plans?
Now, if that deck gun could only move.... it would be perfect!
Launching some sort of torpedo would, of course, be utopian. :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Launching some sort of torpedo would, of course, be utopian. :)
With an explosive head, I trust
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
spee34
Private

Post by spee34 »

i building one submarine, it was beautiful, it dives so nice and than..... wather comes in :( but it was in a pool... so i dont loost it :|

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”