KY Models 1/16 LCM3

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

KY Models 1/16 LCM3

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I have one of the new KY Model 1/16 LCM3 due to arrive in a few days. They're Graupner's Premium Line source as well Horizon & others. Torro recently introduced their LCM3 several months earlier which Forgebear sells in the UK. Was curious if anyone else has one.
IMG_7138.jpg
IMG_7135.jpg
IMG_7143.jpg
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Re: KY Models 1/16 LCM3

Post by Artyfist »

I was looking at 1 on ebay the other day.
Would be nice but dont really have anywhere near to use it.
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Super cool. I may have a place to run it too
Tanks alot.... :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I see a Hermann Marwede on the shelf, I have one of the Revell kits that I converted to radio control, they are nice ships!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

I've known KY's owner for years & picked this one up after seeing it last month at SIME after its June release. As with their other models, KY's quality is excellent. I have several of their models as do some friends in the immediate area.

This will be my second, actually, since I got this for my kids to run. Am currently building a SanJiang 1/16 LCM which is an ABS kit available from a small cottage supplier based here near me. Granted, it doesn't meet Speedway's standard but its well worth the price.
IMG_4918.jpg
I'm lucky to have a meandering pond with right beside our flat that courses several hundred meters through the complex so have plenty of landing sites to choose from to launch an invasion. Will follow with some photos once we get her wet. :thumbup:
c.rainford73 wrote:Super cool. I may have a place to run it too
Understand they'll be available soon in the US.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:I've known KY's owner for years & picked this one up after seeing it last month at SIME after its June release. As with their other models, KY's quality is excellent. I have several of their models as do some friends in the immediate area.

This will be my second, actually, since I got this for my kids to run. Am currently building a SanJiang 1/16 LCM which is an ABS kit available from a small cottage supplier based here near me. Granted, it doesn't meet Speedway's standard but its well worth the price.
IMG_4918.jpg
I'm lucky to have a meandering pond with right beside our flat that courses several hundred meters through the complex so have plenty of landing sites to choose from to launch an invasion. Will follow with some photos once we get her wet. :thumbup:
c.rainford73 wrote:Super cool. I may have a place to run it too
Understand they'll be available soon in the US.
Hi, that KY ready to run LCM seems to be the one that Torro is selling... But that Sanjiang kit looks interesting. Where can we find one?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Yes I like to know as well as it looks like a really nice kit ..
I'd be happier building rather than just buy n run
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I found this for the SanJiang. You need to click on the various boxes to get the prices for the different items. https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/tao-bao/d ... 7%E4%BB%B6
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

I would like one but non running for the battlefield.
Does anyone have one of these?
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

How good is your Chinese & do you have an Alipay account? He doesn't accept cards & I don't believe has a Paypal account.

Kit is all router cut ABS 1.3-3mm sheet with a heavy - over a pound - of brass photo etch, brass running gear, resin & plastic injected detail parts. As with their other kits, its offered in various levels from base hull to complete less motors, servos or electronics. I opted for the Level 3 Upgrade complete with semi-finished ramp assembly. Overall an excellent value for around $240.00.

Easy to purchase through a 3rd party agent. Google "Taobao buying agent" & you'll find a plethora of them such as https://www.cnxtrans.com/buy-for-me

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested & I'll be happy to assist.

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”