Graupner manhattan 74

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
tomhugill
Captain

Graupner manhattan 74

Post by tomhugill »

Today the moonraker got a gin palace friend. Been after a manhattan 74 for years. When I had the opportunity to buy the one that was build for the model boat magazine review back in 2006 I jumped at it. She will probably be going brushless, currently the 700s with a 12v sla is rather pedestrian. Of course any gin palace needs a crew, so stand by on that one. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Graupner manhattan 74

Post by c.rainford73 »

Beautiful ships Tom, but I have to add, that carry case is fantastic too!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

c.rainford73 wrote:Beautiful ships Tom, but I have to add, that carry case is fantastic too!
The carry case and stand are a masterpiece! So impressed was I that I can't the guy if he would make one for my moonraker, he said sure!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That's quite a score! Such exceptional craftsmanship. Have fun with them
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
The Boat is a beautiful Piece of Motor Yacht Art. I have to confess that the carry case and accessories drew my eye first. I am broken apparently. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The amount of care and fit and finish that went into the carry case, it's no wonder you purchased the yacht from him. I've never seen anything like it.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
The Boat is a beautiful Piece of Motor Yacht Art. I have to confess that the carry case and accessories drew my eye first. I am broken apparently. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
We both are I think Painless! I knew how the yacht would be when I went to buy it but the case really blew me away. I love the way the lifing straps are attached and the stand folds into the side of the case.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The chap I bought it off was really nice too, offered to take me to their local boating lake so I could see it on the water make sure everything was as I thought it would be before buying.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got to hand it to the guy for the box craftsmanship....its astounding.
All well & good those giant "booze-cruisers" but Id like to see you get the same control in a scale Jet Ski !!!!! :haha: :haha:
Actually, most of those things have one or two on the deck !!.........

Elegant works Mr Hugill, very nice (god I hope you are not wearing a white shirt with a Captains hat on :sick: :wtf: )
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

They are both great looking boats, and I have never seen such wondrous storage crates. The box must be worth almost as much as the boat? Bet you are chuffed to bits getting that one.

If/when my house move goes ahead I will have a couple of huge lakes within a very short distance, so may at long last be able to build boats that I actually put in the water!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”