My Revell Flower Class Build HMS Heather

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
Niall
Recruit

My Revell Flower Class Build HMS Heather

Post by Niall »

Here are some photos of my 1/72nd scale Revell Flower class build. I chose HMS Heather as it was 1 of the ships built by Harland and Wolffe in Belfast, where one of my Great Uncle's worked from 1908 until 1960.

The model uses the Sirmar bridge, 4" gun and pom-pom, the GLS Hedgehog, Lewis guns and stanchions. John Haynes photo etched ladders. The crew figures are from the kit, plus some from Hecker & Goros, Dan Taylor Modelworks and Gunthwaite Miniatures.

The 4" gun platform, cable drums, oars and rudders for the dinghys, paddles for the Carley floats, sprinter shields, the companionway on the rear of the superstructure, the dan buoy hoists and supports and the minesweeping winch and minesweeping float cradles are my own photo etch designs.

The anchor winch, Carley float supports, minesweeping otters and depth charge racks are 3D prints from my own designs.

The assembled but unpainted Dan Buoy Hoist

jarndice
Colonel

Re: My Revell Flower Class Build HMS Heather

Post by jarndice »

Fond memories of HMS Compass Rose, The star of Nicholas Monsarrat's "The Cruel Sea",
A brilliant book and one of those rare films that followed the book instead of ruining it.
Your devotion to detail does you great credit,
Very pleasing.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

is this static or RC? I did one years ago when the kit first came out, keep thinking about ab RC U-Boat...
Niall
Recruit

Post by Niall »

happytank wrote:Great model and what's in the display behind.
The display case in the background of some of the photos has an assortment of scratchbuilt vehicles and figures, some conversions, some scratchbuilt and the rest just painted castings.

It is converted for RC, but I've not sailed it yet as I need to make a transport case.

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”