DUCK BOATS!!!

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
jarndice
Colonel

DUCK BOATS!!!

Post by jarndice »

If I Hear one more news anchor calling a 75 year old General Motors DUKW 6 Wheeled Amphibious Truck a "DUCK BOAT" I wont need more stents in my heart I shall need a By-Pass and a new Television. :{
It's not a boat and it's not a blo*dy duck !!!
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: DUCK BOATS!!!

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It s not helped by the operators of the DUKWs who market them as Duck Tours. A tragedy, none the less. I heard one report that the passengers were told not to bother with the life jackets, which is frightening, if true.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Worldwide there's been a few 'issues' with the DUKW's , kept catching fire on the Thames closer to home as well.
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

DUCK BOAT, DUCK BOAT, DUCK BOAT! :haha:

Seriously though they're reporters, they get paid to talk about shit not know shit. Most are morons that don't understand semi-automatic or fully automatic.

But to the tragedy one poor family lost 7 members when it sank, only 2 people from the family survived. I couldn't imagine having to plan 7 funerals. Ages 1 to 70 died. They never should have been out on the water in that thing when bad weather was anywhere near them.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

happytank wrote:
jackalope wrote:DUCK BOAT, DUCK BOAT, DUCK BOAT! :haha:

Seriously though they're reporters, they get paid to talk about shit not know shit. Most are morons that don't understand semi-automatic or fully automatic.

But to the tragedy one poor family lost 7 members when it sank, only 2 people from the family survived. I couldn't imagine having to plan 7 funerals. Ages 1 to 70 died. They never should have been out on the water in that thing when bad weather was anywhere near them.
Sounds like you hate reporters, when my uncle died they were on the doorstep on the day of the funeral

I don't hate reporters, I was only explaining they don't know what they're talking about they just read whatever the teleprompter says. Ever watch Bruce Almighty? Even Baxter reading the teleprompter saying he lika do the cha cha kinda proves my point for me. They CAN'T be an expert on EVERYTHING!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Guys does this look like yesterday Tourist terror as amphibious duck bus carrying 31 people sinks in .

well its not it is in Liverpool 15 June 2013 .

they had two sink in Liverpool very close together here is clip The sinking of two Liverpool DUKWs in quick succession highlighted extremely poor standards of maintenance. They were not made to carry people they were made to move cargo, putting high sides on them makes them top heavy and add cross winds there can be only one result .Hope in future the authorities will ban these types of trips, then maybe collectors can restore them to there proper colours and save them.
I truly feel for the families of those who died, out for a bit of fun and paid with there lives.

regards pete
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi If you look at the photos of the Dukw which sank it had a roof with steps to the roof so people could go up top ,this means it I very strong to take the weight of the people 31 people if they all weigh 10 stone (which most americans weigh more) it would be almost 2 tons of people on the roof..The Dukw was based on the duce an half which means the load of 2.1/2 tons ,so the 31 people plus the weight of roof the Dukw is boarding on being overloaded .

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Media? What are they really there for? I stopped watching tv 5 years ago...

phpBB [video]

and politicians think we are idiots with the memory span of a mollusc.

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

wibblywobbly wrote:Media? What are they really there for? I stopped watching tv 5 years ago...

phpBB [video]

and politicians think we are idiots with the memory span of a mollusc.

phpBB [video]

WW, I conquer wholeheartedly sir!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Whilst not wishing to ignore the tragedy which occurred, I would like to speak in defence of the octopus. The octopus is a mollusc which is one of the most intelligent invertebrates and can be trained in a range of learning and memory tasks.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”