3D printed submarine

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: 3D printed submarine

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Don't know whether I can explain properly what I mean but I'll have a go. It it possible to mount the motor on a tongue, which would be firmly attached to the rear portion, and slot into the next section forrard?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well I tried sticking it on a tongue but i got my head stuck in the hull section.... 8O

Believe it or not that was exactly what I have been working on today. I designed a casing that will hold the gears in place, and that has a hollow output shaft back to the motor (I am using a turret rotation motor as it fits easily and is low power, so a smaller battery pack. It also has a strip that aligns the motor with the shaft and the middle drive gear.
Attachments
sub.png
sub.png (29.97 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Wibbly Jules Verne has nothing on you! This build gets better every day
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Starting to look the business.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”