Vintage Academy 1/350 Scale Tirpitz (RC)

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Vintage Academy 1/350 Scale Tirpitz (RC)

Post by PainlessWolf »

A long time ago in the Summer of 1979, I was set to graduate High School and treated myself by buying and building the Bismarck version of this kit. I built it stock as interest in RC was still a distance away in terms of years and the the means to pay for such exotic components. It was simple in style and construction yet contained some goodies like the float planes and a mechanical rudder control that you set to have the ship do a circle or figure eight or straight (if you felt like chasing it across the lake) I found this one on EBay and captured it for the princely sum of 26.00 U.S. It is all complete and still has the original shrink wrap. I will pull it out some year soon and do it up correctly with RC and some PE add-ons. Ah, memories... ;o)
Attachments
1979 + 37 years to today.
1979 + 37 years to today.
1979 + 37 years to today..JPG (87.27 KiB) Viewed 790 times
The scale was pretty big for me but then the Tamiya Yamato in 1.200 scale was out of my financial reach  ;o)
The scale was pretty big for me but then the Tamiya Yamato in 1.200 scale was out of my financial reach ;o)
The scale was pretty big for me but then the Tamiya Yamato in 1.200 scale was out of my financial reach ;o).JPG (80.81 KiB) Viewed 790 times
A big deal back in the day.
A big deal back in the day.
A big deal back in the day..JPG (88.23 KiB) Viewed 790 times
The Tirpitz!
The Tirpitz!
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”