Torro 1/16 LCM3 new toy

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Torro 1/16 LCM3 new toy

Post by EAO »

Will,

That is one heck of a nice find! Don't know what you traded, but I'd say you came out on top even with the road trip! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What's this LCVP ??? Tell me more, please. Are there more photos, Lee?

Do you remember the old UDT214 model kit of the 'sixties ('fifties?) ? I love that kit, and it is still being produced now and then. I built one a few years ago. Another of the Tuesday modelers here has three built and two more waiting. In the early 'sixties, we discovered that the LCVP, sans propellers, given a slight push, would zoom across winter snow in the front yard. In summer it would float in the ditch superbly. Those were the days of KC*---before RC. 8)

* Kid Control
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Herr Dr. Professor » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:49 pm

What's this LCVP ??? Tell me more, please. Are there more photos, Lee?
Hello Professor,

Not wanting to hijack Will's thread I'll just give a quick summary, I bought it about 3 year's ago, already built but as an unfinished model, not sure if it was from a kit or scratch built. It's RC and has a manual wind rear ramp, I've been detailing it on and off for the last couple of years so when I get a little further with it I'll start it's own thread and put some pictures up :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Will,
Absolutely a very cool boat :thumbup:

I was just thinking, your kids must be very happy to have parents like you and your wife who have the most cool toys around the house :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Jimster wrote:That is so cool! You have a most amazing, diverse collection. I can’t wait to see it operating in the water. How about some pics of the transmitter and electronics when you get a chance.
Video to come soon, maybe tomorrow when im having a day of fun things.
I am really pleassed with it, but we can do more

I just love building and having interesting models. This really was a chance swap as i knew i wanted one when i saw one, but the price is high and im pretty poor most of the time when building soo many models as have to keep a good stock level of bits and pieces lol
EAO wrote:Will,

That is one heck of a nice find! Don't know what you traded, but I'd say you came out on top even with the road trip! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
But in the end i did a deal with my friend on this one with one of my Flak 36 88mm, i actually swapped my very first prototype model(which i never do, well now i have i suppose haha) and got this beauty
I like to think both parties got a good deal.
It is a little big though, so i will be making a nice shelf in garage for it when i get a chance lol

would be nice to do a lcm vs lcvp for sure
Model Builder 4 wrote:Thought I'd put a pic up of my LCVP to show the difference in the models, it's still in it's un-painted state as of yet though :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I never knew you had one of those Lee, damn cool, love the cargo aswell

Yes i think you are right about trailer, i would never have believed it until i saw a picture of an lcm on the back of a M26 Wagon/trailer and was like, oh no, thats given me an idea hahahahahaha
971wright wrote:Need to weather it lots of rust.Then you need a way of moving it, need a Dragon Wagon ,then you need something to go in it DD sherman.

regards pete

I am goign to print some new crew for ours as the original crew with the model are ok, but i want something better, so lets see what we can do. The MG are going to be fun and fiddly, but yeah i am thinking they have to move with flexible arms of the gunners
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Will, I am just now finishing three sailors for my LCM: a Coxswain and two gunners. (Correct me if I have the rank incorrect for the officer in charge of an LCM.) I enlisted them through Shapeways. They are printed with some fine and some broad-stroke detail and rather, ah, "bold" facial expressions. They are not easy to prepare and paint, as two had 155mm holes in their backs :O from the printing process, and the third was in upper and lower halves and separate arms that required a lot of fiddling to fit. I will post pictures :{ when I am done.

Your LCM has the tire dock bumpers replaced with another kind of dock bumper. (You can see the tire-type bumpers on Pete's LCM.) Yours also has some added life-preservers. I don't know how much these LCMs rusted. I would guess that they were short-lived and probably sank or were scuttled before they had time to rust.

I, too, would like to either replace or rework the .50 cals. because the ones provided will rotate but not elevate. I want to be able to align them with the gunners' hands.
HERMAN BIX wrote:Thats a hell of a new toy indeed Mr Capri !!
Whatever will you jump into next ?? ;)

As Im trapped home with this stupid bung ankle, Im looking to do a bit of housekeeping in here.
I reckon this will soon go into the boats section !................well, its a boat, and its RC so its an RC Boat :shifty:
Cheers haha
Well this was one for me i say shamelessly, i haven't actually had a chance to enjoy any models recently of my own, so was a treat. The drive was worth it for sure
Yeah it is an odd move, however Catherine & I agreed we need to try and balance the Axis stuff and get some more allied vehicles in, so this is us trying to be more balanced lol

Next we have some rather interesting things.................... V2 & Meiller Wagen with SS100 to follow in future, Flak 40 on quad axles so i have something to tow behind the Famo 18ton halftrack. A SIG33 is moving along slowly as are some trucks.
But really the thing absorbing the time is the build of 5x 251 chassis which are all printing away currently :)

Sorry Catherine i hijacked your login as my computer is off and i couldn't be bothered to log it in hahahahaha

jee wrote:Will,
Absolutely a very cool boat :thumbup:

I was just thinking, your kids must be very happy to have parents like you and your wife who have the most cool toys around the house :D
Yeah i reckon my kids have the coolest parents eveeeeeer hahahaha
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

phpBB [video]

Video of a look around with radio gear. I like these flysky transmitters
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Alas, as you know, the ones from Torro do not come with sound. The props, rudders, and ramp all work smoothly, but no sound. :'( So you have yourself an extra nice feature, but I am not jealous, not one little bit. ;D Please do keep us informed about how your sailors are progressing while they are enlisted and trained. :)

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”