American Civil War City Class Gunboat

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: American Civil War City Class Gunboat

Post by Jimster »

The manual is printed in German. Hopefully there’s an English version online. Haven’t checked yet but I sure hope so.
I may need an extra semester at Rad University.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Professor Schuhart has just provided me with the link to an English manual and I just printed it. What a great rc community we have!
Being here at work I sure feel guilty about using 110 pieces of office copier paper 8)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:Professor Schuhart has just provided me with the link to an English manual and I just printed it. What a great rc community we have!
Being here at work I sure feel guilty about using 110 pieces of office copier paper 8)
Isn't that why we go to the office, use their ink and paper and not your own hahahahhahahaha
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Slow go again but after 7 short weeks my propeller shaft kits arrived! I think Aliexpress used these to propel the container ship from China.
They seem very solid, hefty and well engineered. I think I finally have all the running hardware on hand so more rapid progress should follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Um, err, that's a nice shaft(s) you have there! :/ Seriously though, what material are they made out of? Aluminum, SS?

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Why thank you, Eric :think: Judging by the heft I would say SS. And one prop is clockwise and the other is counter. Not exactly sure why but I’m learning as I go.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

EAO wrote:Um, err, that's a nice shaft(s) you have there! :/ Seriously though, what material are they made out of? Aluminum, SS?

Cheers,
Eric.
Well, I'd hope it was Titanium. I can highly recommend it, as it's holding my right ankle together. :shh: :D
It is as strong as steel- but much lighter, and is also highly resistant to corrosion (wish the same could be said for me :haha: ).
There are few metals that resist salt-water corrosion as well as Titanium. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO

Post by EAO »

43rdRR,

I forgot about that miracle metal! It is the "go to" for surgeries, I have a small amount of it in my top jaw holding one of my front teeth in. Fast pitch baseball accident at age 10, followed by many years of decalcification and bone loss. They also used a bovine bone graft to fill in the area around the titanium. Seems fitting, as I'm originally from "The Dairy State" of Wisconsin. :/ :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

So that’s why you’re so “cheesy” :haha: Sorry about the Wisconsin joke. Couldn’t help it.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jim,

You guy's never cease to amaze me with your "come backs"! Simply too much! :crazy: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”