Huge electric 1:4 scale Lama 315B

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Huge electric 1:4 scale Lama 315B

Post by dominicm »

Great scale flight from the owner of this seriously large Lama scale RC helicopter. The owner shared with me that it is made by Vario and powered by a Kontronic Pyro 800 brushless motor on 12S 10,000 mah. Maximum 10 minutes flight time on a good day.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Huge electric 1:4 scale Lama 315B

Post by jarndice »

When I was seconded to a British Army Air Corp unit in the 60s I met for the first time the Sud Aviation Alouette 11 helicopter later renamed Lama,
This lovely very modern Helicopter was in service at the same time as the "Saro Skeeter" truly an accident looking for somewhere to happen :thumbdown:
More than once I was witness to a Skeeter on startup firing its starter cartridge followed by the clatter of the complete exhaust system falling off,
It did not inspire confidence in those scheduled to fly in one.
Not so the Alouette 11 which was a brilliant machine and greatly liked by the flights engineers and pilots because it was ultra reliable and everything was readily accessible Unfortunately this was at a time when the UK was trying to join the Common Market but Long Charlie was saying NON!!!
Almost overnight the Alouette 11s were withdrawn from service in Britain's army aviation units and they were replaced by the godawful Westland Scout,
Our engineers would get 1200 hours out of the Artouste turbojet before removing it for a major overhaul,
The Bristol Nimbus turbojet in the Scout finally managed 120 hours before overhaul and the resident Company engineer produced a case of champagne for the REME engineers in celebration :lolno:
As an aside the ease with which the Alouette 11 could be flown was illustrated by the German army's use of conscript Lance Corporals as pilots of them :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Lovely bit of flying although it is missing the "tinkle" of the Artouste engine,
Anyone who remembers the timing chain tinkle of an Austin 7 will know what I mean :haha:
I know that excess weight is the killer of model aircraft but a simple servo driven main rotor shaft disc brake (Just like the real thing) could save a lot of waiting for it to stop.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Post by dominicm »

I think he probably enjoys the waiting time. Let's the adrenaline subside. He seemed quite relieved when it was back down on the ground.
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC

Return to “RC Aircraft”