Me-262

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Me-262

Post by dominicm »

HSD Me-262 flown at Weston Park. Not bad for an EDF jet.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Me-262

Post by Jimster »

That would be be my ultimate rc plane. Or an FW190.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jimster wrote:That would be be my ultimate rc plane. Or an FW190.
Among my (Too) many r/c aircraft is a pair of 4ft wingspan FW190s, Both with retracts and flaps, They handle beautifully and with the flaps deployed they fly slow and precisely to execute landings that my 5ft 6inch wingspan DHC 2 Beaver can only just match.
Love em :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:That would be be my ultimate rc plane. Or an FW190.
I'd prefer something a tad slower, Jim, to go with my ageing reactions. :/
That would be, perhaps, the SE5a-the best British WW1 fighter- or the Fokker triplane. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Graceful and deadly, a beautiful aircraft and amazing model.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

A wonderful sounding RC aircraft. Has that shearing of the air sound of real jets. A sound effect not matched by prop powered RC aircraft.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Very nice indeed. A bit beyond my building skills.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

MikeHamilton wrote:Very nice indeed. A bit beyond my building skills.
That would depend on the building materials needed, The days of cutting and shaping seemingly endless balsa wood wing formers and pinning them to the plan before glueing and covering with tissue paper then doping are pretty much a thing of the past :haha:
My material of choice is Styrene block, Easy to carve into shape and very tough under the inevitable impact of heavy landings :lolno:
Easy to hollow out for Engine, control runs, carbon rods to join the elevators, rudder and mainplanes to the fuselage and fitting servo's.And infinitely lighter,
The only problem with what are known in the hobby as "Foamies" is it does not take paint very well so you have to shop around for paint that will "take".
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

jarndice wrote:
MikeHamilton wrote:Very nice indeed. A bit beyond my building skills.
That would depend on the building materials needed, The days of cutting and shaping seemingly endless balsa wood wing formers and pinning them to the plan before glueing and covering with tissue paper then doping are pretty much a thing of the past :haha:
My material of choice is Styrene block, Easy to carve into shape and very tough under the inevitable impact of heavy landings :lolno:
Easy to hollow out for Engine, control runs, carbon rods to join the elevators, rudder and mainplanes to the fuselage and fitting servo's.And infinitely lighter,
The only problem with what are known in the hobby as "Foamies" is it does not take paint very well so you have to shop around for paint that will "take".
I don’t think I’ll bother attempting to build one. On the plus side, just think how much money I’ll save. :D
Last edited by MikeHamilton on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ahh the Fokker DR-1! My favorite WW1 plane. Or maybe the D.7………..or

Return to “RC Aircraft”