Giant scale Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Giant scale Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Post by dominicm »

Lou gives me some insight into the immense effort and skill that has gone into building this super scale replica of the Fieseler Storch. Some details I had not even spotted ! All other replicas don't get as close to the real thing as this model. Amazing detail. Flown at LMA Elvington.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Giant scale Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Post by jarndice »

An interesting type to model in large scale r/c,
The builder briefly alluded to Mussolini's rescue from a "Field"
What actually happened was Mr Hitlers friend was captured by Italian partisans and imprisoned in an hotel on the Gran Sasso Mountains,
Otto Skorzeny (A vicious but very brave piece of work) assembled a team of German special forces and landed by glider alongside the Hotel,
They carried out the rescue and a 2 seater Fi 156 Storch (Stork) landed in the limited space available, The not particularly thin Mussolini and the even broader Skorzeny crammed themselves into the aircraft behind the pilot and the Storch then ran down the mountainside at full tilt before becoming airborne and flying il Duce to safety,
As a side bar, the production line of the Fi 156 was moved to France midway through the war and the bulk of the type were in fact French built.
Like the American Bird dog and the British Lysander they were regularly seen flying at low level over frontline combat zones but soldiers of all armies are usually told not to fire upon them primarily because they were often used to rescue wounded soldiers.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “RC Aircraft”