First flight with a "Flight Controller" and it saved me

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
dominicm
Lance Corporal

First flight with a "Flight Controller" and it saved me

Post by dominicm »

When fixed wing FPV flying no doubt for me that installing a Flight Controller is a must-have. If only for the 'return to home' feature which mitigates loss of the FPV video feed while you are flying BUT you get so much more including in googles telemetry data and other cool features such as assisted launch, auto trim, maintain altitude and loiter. This was my first flight with the Matek 765 with some very nice chase footage.

Note on this flight I did get disoriented and lost...the on screen return to home vector arrow and 'return to home' feature my it zero stress.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
jarndice
Colonel

Re: First flight with a "Flight Controller" and it saved me

Post by jarndice »

That was brilliant Dom, :clap: My favourite flyer is a DHC 2 Beaver (Wheels not Floats) is the new tech that you demonstrate able to be retrofitted or is this new build only?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
dominicm
Lance Corporal

Post by dominicm »

It can be retrofitted between the receiver and servos/motor. Not too difficult with some basic soldering and setup of iNav after watching basic quick start videos.
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Dom I shall look further into this because in windy weather my Beaver prefers to go where it wants to go rather than where I want it to,
Landing her has never been a problem but my FW 190 would probably be a better recipient of a flight controller because she does have a mind of her own but I am reluctant to reduce the flight characteristics of the Butcher Bird by restricting its inherent flying abilities.
If the equipment is readily interchangeable I can see me swapping it between half a dozen aircraft looking for the most suitable fit :thumbup:
A brilliant invention with a lot of opportunities,
I think ease of fit and and of course price will be the decider as to whether it finds it's (Rightful) niche in the hobby.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “RC Aircraft”