3 Twin Turbine Concorde Airliners in Close Formation

This section is for all of you who would like to discuss your RC aircraft!
dominicm
Lance Corporal

3 Twin Turbine Concorde Airliners in Close Formation

Post by dominicm »

This was something you would very rarely see, if ever ! Three magnificent large scale twin turbine powered Concordes. Built to perfection, featuring smoke and nose droop...and all flown expertly in close formation.

phpBB [video]
4K resolution RC footage only on 'Essential RC' YouTube channel and Facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/c/EssentialRC
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: 3 Twin Turbine Concorde Airliners in Close Formation

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ah, a sweet product of the 'entente cordiale'. It's a slightly soured Cordiale these days, I think. :| ...but then, France is too close for comfort, IMHO :lolno:
The Yanks used the sonic boom noise factor as an excuse to ban it, I think, because they were unable to build anything to compete with it. :thumbdown:
Such a shame that one tragedy brought about its demise. The vulnerability wasn't impossible to rectify either. :problem:
Having seen the real thing fly several times, it's a pleasure to see scale versions gracing the airwaves :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: 3 Twin Turbine Concorde Airliners in Close Formation

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Ah, a sweet product of the 'entente cordiale'. It's a slightly soured Cordiale these days, I think. :| ...but then, France is too close for comfort, IMHO :lolno:
The Yanks used the sonic boom noise factor as an excuse to ban it, I think, because they were unable to build anything to compete with it. :thumbdown:
Such a shame that one tragedy brought about its demise. The vulnerability wasn't impossible to rectify either. :problem:
Having seen the real thing fly several times, it's a pleasure to see scale versions gracing the airwaves :thumbup:
Blame 9/11 and the subsequent down turn in air travel. Air France couldn’t justify keeping it on and the maintenance setup was based around the whole fleet. With Air France’s fleet retired it wasn’t economically viable for BA to keep there’s. (Which is why I’m always sceptical at any scheme to return one to the sky).

Return to “RC Aircraft”