XRAD'S HETZER

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

XRAD'S HETZER

Post by xrad »

Received Blue Star Hetzer today. Excellent resin kit. Not easy to RC, but will make a great static unit. Won;t get to this build for a while...will update later...

Just missing the photo etch parts..hopefully, will arrive soon.

also working on another kit bash: parts from china, germany, england, japan...fun build "BIG" tank surprise
Attachments
IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5969.JPG
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: XRAD'S HETZER

Post by fv432 »

oohhh very nice xrad is that the same as panzerpaul's? im certain he RCed one?
xrad

Post by xrad »

I don't know...

I am thinking of RC for this...I would have to lathe up some wheels and fab suspension bits. Hull is easy enough to make from sheet. Detail is GREAT on the Kit and gun traverses and elevates with a nice mount system.

Hard part is the tracks and drive sprockets. I may hold off on the build and see if wehcoe or asiatam will produce them....
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

have a read here this might just tempt you to RC it ;)

http://www.rctankregiment.com/rctankfor ... ?f=34&t=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

DID ANDY do more than one build? I was not aware of this. That guy is constantly building stuff,very skilled fellow.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

he's moving house at the mo so everything is up in the air for him build wise but yes he's got the armouritus really bad
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I'm aware of the move,Andy is a nice fellow and has helped me out on a number of projects. And I agree he does have a certain drive concerning armor builds.cheers
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

my pleasure blake always happy to help :D :D
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Hi all thanks for the plesent comments.This Hetzer looks great , I only built one Hetzer .Its on the shelf at the mo. I got it running with a RX18 set up . However the plastic gears , well the cog on the drive shaft gave way . But she ran for a short while. I had to abandon the elevating and recoiling gun as there wasnt enougth room . For this I fitted an Heng Long extended KV1 recoiling barrel .The leafspring suspension held out. As it has been mentioned I have well infact we are in the new house now . But theres loads to do .Firstly my dads getting a work shop put up so back to a wooden shed again. But beggers cant be choosers so I will live with it. At our old house we had a huge workshop all in brick and the main part had heating.Back to the Hetzer I did hope to finish my one before a resin rc conversion was done . So I just need to sort gears and spray her. I have like all numerus projects on the go .My Ostwinds nearly finished and I have been converting a static 1:18 jeep to rc but thats hit a few snags , my jagdpanzers halted as has my LVT A1 . Oh and to add to the list a Stug IV coming to along with two 1:6 RC projects , not tanks tho but both German WW2.

Panzerpauls is a complete scratch build to, he inspired me to do one and advised me , I used the same track idea he did .

Thanks all andy
xrad

Post by xrad »

UPDATE: Photo etch finally ARRIVED. It is VERY nice with fenders and grill and many other parts.

Now it's a great kit.

Blue Star models

Return to “Other Builds”