RC 1/16 Bren Carrier revisited

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

RC 1/16 Bren Carrier revisited

Post by AlwynTurner »

Probably no-one remembers this but long ago and far away just after I joined the forum in 2015 I scratch built a 1/16 bren carrier using styrene and with the help of Woz I started on my path to 3d printing by designing the suspension for the bren carrier and the track links and Woz refined my designs and very kindly printed off the bits. here is the thread from that time.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18582&hilit=bren

Just recently I was approached by a member who was converting a 1/16 static kit of the bren carrier and was able to help him by downscaling the 1/6 components that I created for the universal carrier and Loyds carrier, and this provoked me to think again about my original project. Since those days there have been a couple of evolutions which makes this project much more viable:
1. 35rctank have produced small electronic controllers that would fit into such a small chassis
2. Asiatam have some tracks intended for the Maultier truck which will fit the bren carrier (i think - I've ordered 2 sets)
3. I have had sufficient experience designing and building gearboxes that I now think I could apply and downscale to the bren carrier.

Consequently I have started ordering in the bits and when I've finished with the M10 Achilles I plan on kicking this project off.

Here are the blueprints

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RC 1/16 Bren Carrier revisited

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Do one with the triple Panzerschrek and you've got me too !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I shall definitely take that under advisement as a second version provided the first standard one works :D

You mean like this

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

This will be great, best of luck with build
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

AlwynTurner wrote:I shall definitely take that under advisement as a second version provided the first standard one works :D

You mean like this

Precisely that one !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together (who was it in the A team who said that? I think it might be either Hannibal or Face). The postman just delivered my package from Asiatam and oh boy, the tracks are perfect!
they are absolutely to scale, and one set actually is enough for one bren carrier - Success! :clap: :haha: :haha: :D :D

I can't wait to get started on that build but I must control myself and finish the M10 :/ :/

Alwyn :wave:

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

So it begins. I've revisited and refined my original designs.

Lots to do

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Start of the lower hull

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

That's the suspension and wheels done, just the idlers and sprocket to go.
Alwyn :wave:

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Sprocket done, chassis sorted, just waiting for bits of hardware

Return to “Other Builds”