What next - Comet, Cromwell, Other

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

What next - Comet, Cromwell, Other

Post by AlwynTurner »

Having completed the Crusader I'm trying to decide what next. :eh: Ludwig does pretty good kits for the Comet and Cromwell so I'm not so excited about those. Maybe the Centaur might be worth looking at? The A17 Tetrarch could be a possible.
Any suggestions?

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: What next - Comet, Cromwell, Other

Post by tankme »

Valentine? I think the Centaur is too close to the Cromwell, but that's just my humble yank opinion... :) Looks like Ludwigs has a pretty good Valentine also...hmmm...

I keep wanting to build that Conqueror from CGTrader, but I'm not sure my 3D printing skills are up to resizing all of those files.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

We already have someone with a Cromwell print on the forums, how ever looking at your other pieces and by remembering that your doing this for your self I would vote Cromwell on the basis that you already have a small amount of parts you can use from the crusader. How ever as a buyer I would vote something different. Perhaps an m3 stuart, or a valentine as suggested previously. Or perhaps something completely different such as a sexton, or and m7 priest. Your quite a gifted designer so really it’s what fits the bill
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Saying that though I would like to see a commet, I know one is being built but I suspect it may not be offered up where as yours might
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Comet please please please!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

tomhugill wrote:Comet please please please!
With aluminium barrel :think:

How about something completely different, an M10 Achilles :D and you wouldn't have to worry about printing the running gear, there's plenty out there, and I'd even send you a spare Heng Long chassis to play with :D
And I'm sure I have an aluminium barrel or two, along with a 1/48th Tamiya kit somewhere.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Talking about Sherman chassis or rather the running gear.
Those M3 bogie units would be a handy thing to have available as single units with 5 spoke wheels, rather than having to chop up and modify existing units.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I rather like the look of the M10, incidentally what (if any) is the difference between the wolverine and the achilles? Mick I'll give you a pm later about the chassis. Doing 5 spoke suspension should be easy peasy so I'll have a look at that.
Mmmmmm lots to think about.

Oh and I haven't written the Comet off :haha: :crazy:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I've answered my own question after research, the achilles had a 17 pounder gun whilst the wolverine had the 3 inch gun.

Next time I'll do the research before asking silly questions :{ :{

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

So after serious consideration and some encouragement and assistance from Mick I decided on the M10 Achilles. :D :crazy: :haha:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33410
So now it's all go

Return to “Other Builds”