Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

Post by Tiger6 »

and lashings and lashings of T26's...
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

SoCalBobS wrote:Thanks everyone for all the great info! Lest anyone have doubts about the ungainliness of this tank, watch this modern clip of a T-35 changing direction at a show.

phpBB [video]
Thats totally wicked, what a beast
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Still working on this tank. I posted this clip to show the action of a module randomly animating the four auxiliary turrets. It's the "Pololu Micro-Maestro". It can program up to six channels for servo speed, range of motion and frequency independently. I'm running four. Another builder used the two additional channels to program barrel elevation.

phpBB [video]
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Delete - duplicate.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Astounding Sir, hats off to you and your team that helped. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

What material did you print it out of? Was it ABS as recommended?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

tankme wrote:What material did you print it out of? Was it ABS as recommended?
My buddy is the fabricator, I am the assembler (and publisher). This is his response to the same question on another forum.

1. It is PETG, which is slightly more temperature tolerant than PLA. I did not use ABS because it warps a lot. In retrospect, that should not be a problem for a small part like the track, and maybe I should try some ABS tracks. But I thought ABS would warp too much for large parts like the body, so I just stuck with PETG for everything.

2. These tracks have tiny features (at this scale) and I think they would not be useable without a very fine nozzle. I used a 0.25mm nozzle, and something like 95-100% infill.

3. I had trouble printing large batches of these at first. With the help of an infrared thermometer, I traced this problem down to uneven bed heating. When I set the bed to 80C, parts of the bed were at 80C, but other parts were at 108C. This melted and warped tracks on that part of the bed. I resolved this by backing off to a lower temperature (like 60C) starting with the second layer.

4. I initially had a lot of frustration with PETG but eventually found a profile that printed pretty much 100% reliably. I notice a lot of conflicting advice on the web about how to print PETG, but eventually found something that worked for me. If anyone wants the profile I used (for Lulzbot Taz 6 and Lulzbot Mini, with no enclosure), they can contact me.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

My printer is enclosed and from what I've seen from other reviews it prints ABS really well so I may give it a shot and I guess if that doesn't work I'll switch to PETG. Just don't want it to melt down in the Texas sun. :) Yours looks great though.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Try a couple of large parts to test - one hull section, a side skirt or something. If it comes out without warpage, put it in the sun to see how it fares. Counting all parts and tracks, it's almost 500 parts! Have fun.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

All the parts are on, all the mechanics work. Next step is painting, weathering and detailing.
sT-35 40.jpg
sT-35 41.jpg

Return to “Other Builds”