Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Re: Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

Post by SoCalBobS »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Nice work! I've had the files forever but never had started. Seeing this gives me reason to dust them off.

You should look at the T-26 files from Winterhammer. Unlike the T-35, you'll find plenty of instructions and options to build. Am printing that next so we have a Soviet light tank to run alongside our KV-2 & & T34.

https://winterhammer-models.jimdofree.c ... ickers-7tp
Thank You! I'd been wanting to do a T-26 but didn't know where any files were.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Nice work! I've had the files forever but never had started. Seeing this gives me reason to dust them off.

You should look at the T-26 files from Winterhammer. Unlike the T-35, you'll find plenty of instructions and options to build. Am printing that next so we have a Soviet light tank to run alongside our KV-2 & & T34.

https://winterhammer-models.jimdofree.c ... ickers-7tp
I see some great pictures of a build, but I don't see a link to the location of the files. It may be obscured by my lack of German...
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I got the files off Cults but see he's no longer listed there so send an email at winterhammermodels@gmail.com. The files come in 2 sections with hull & turret offered separately.

I also have his Pz1 Ente files for the Takom kit which I've already printed. Robby does nice work! 8)
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

A couple of progress photos. The designer recommended 1.75mm PETG filament for the rails, which work well, as they're flexible, not brittle.
sT-35 24.jpg
sT-35 25.jpg
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Another progress photo:

The side skirts were added, the only major parts left are the track guards, that go over the tracks on top. I used carpet tape to affix the skirts, so that they are removable if necessary.
T-35 26.jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spectacular!!
Love the outcome :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

She is a good looking beast.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Spin test. Busy day, wife is occupied otherwise so I have time on my hands...

A question others (and I) have asked, will the motors handle this heavyweight? They're HL red motors running metal gearboxes. This clip shows it on smooth concrete. I didn't have the nerve to do it on grass. Actually, it runs and turns ok there. No spin attempted though.

phpBB [video]
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Something looks of with the return rollers tracking over the top left front side mate.
Sticky track pins perhaps ?
be a shame to miss something & break it.
What a weapon :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Something looks of with the return rollers tracking over the top left front side mate.
Sticky track pins perhaps ?
be a shame to miss something & break it.
What a weapon :thumbup:
Yeah, that's on my change order list. There are a lot of challenges making a functioning part from a computer file. In this case, the track link teeth fit loosely so aren't always aligned when glued in. And, the spacer between the two roller wheel parts isn't always precise. Fortunately I built in such a manner most everything can be removed for repair.

Doing all this makes one develop an appreciation for the engineering that has gone into our store-bought tanks to make them run as well as they do, little glitches notwithstanding.

Return to “Other Builds”