Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Another 1:16 T-35 3D-Print Build

Post by Will01Capri »

Really very very good, nice build. Maybe when i have time i might try and print this one. Looks great
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Will01Capri wrote:
Tiger6 wrote:
RobW wrote:I need a printer.... Did the lunatic printing the 1/6th scale one ever finish it? And if so, did he get it out of the room?
No, but it will make for a nice canoe when his basement next floods... :silent:

i am going to tell him lol

Lunatic :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

SCBobS,

Now that is a nice change of pace! Looks amazing! Nice work! Carry on! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

A major step, no photos yet though.

There are no instructions for this build, so one is left to figure out the workings by looking, fitting and sometimes developing one's own methods. For instance, I chose to use the "RSMG" to animate the auxiliary turrets. I installed micro servos in the turrets with servo arms that fit into slots I carved in the hull.

The main turret took some more thinking. As I said before, I'm keeping with my Heng Long board. Its turret rotation is effected by a DC current running a motor and gear reduction box meshing with a ring gear on the turret.

The T-35's turret is designed to rotate via a servo. The HL board doesn't have that capability. What to do? I took a low profile servo (something not mentioned but necessary to fit) removed the pc board and the pin on a gear that normally limits the servo travel, rewired the motor with the DC wires coming from the HL board and ended up with a nice slow rotation!
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
tankme

Post by tankme »

The ".1" Heng Long boards have servo ports for example, the HL 6.1S. The version 6.0 does not have servo ports. When ever we see the 7.1 board, it will have servo ports as opposed to the 7.0 which doesn't. I'm using a 6.1S board in my T-72 that has been upgraded with servo recoil and servo elevation.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Yeah, the 6.1S board I'm using has servo ports for barrel elevation and cannon recoil, but not turret rotation, hence the continuous rotation servo rewiring I used.

phpBB [video]

So far, so good (my mantra)
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
tankme

Post by tankme »

It would definitely be a project I would try if I had a 3D printer... :(
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thats outstanding :clap: :clap:
You would sell a few of those ready to run for sure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wow! I read that the T-35’s triple turrets kept the commander busier than a centipede at a toe-counting contest. You have captured that busy look. What a marvelous tank. I agree that such a T-35 would be a hot-selling pre-built my direction, even ARTR, needing to be painted and bound to a transmitter.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yep, good call, unpainted and ready to bind a TX would be fantastic.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”