challenger 2 scratch build

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
ninjaman
Recruit

challenger 2 scratch build

Post by ninjaman »

Hi all new here I'm wanting to scratch build a 1/4 scale tank I want to use wheelchair they are 24v. I would like some advice over what radio controlled equipment I will need for these and what type of speed controllers I will need for this as well. Any advice would be great.
When I have assembled the hull- I will be taking photos as I go and will share these with you all.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: challenger 2 scratch build

Post by BarryC »

We LOVE pictures!! :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: challenger 2 scratch build

Post by tankme »

Gonna need fairly large speed controllers for a 1/4 scale tank. I have a dual 80A Vantec ESC in my 1/6th scale KV-2 and it is probably overkill for that purpose, but that tank does weigh something like 120lbs. With something that big, the bigger the motors and ESCs the better. Would be nothing worse than building it to find out that it doesn't have enough power to turn in grass once it's built. A pair of 24V wheelchair motors are geared to haul about 300-350lbs.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Larger Scale Military”