IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have had this magnificent Taigen JS-2 supplied with the usual magical service from the team at Forgebear Tanks, for a while now.
Deciding when it gets done is a result of what its going to be!
To get parts, not to get parts, if so whats needed, and then the research begins to help make the decision :crazy:
Two options sprung to mind during the SU152 build :

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29570&start=160

To work.......................................
The Taigen version of the JS 2 has had a few threads in here, Mr painless has a very good one for example, and Mr Mekker is still in progress with his, and Mr Hugill made a start.
As is the theme with my ones, I am looking for a very bashed up version that the newsreels often show with huge spans of guards missing, and those that remain are twisted to buggery. Lots of bits & pieces tied onto it, and depending on the time slot its is set in- loot on the rear deck.
The sole version with the mine roller fitted is like a magnet to me, but I need to think practical as well. Travelling with it, securing it/removing it etc etc, just not really ideal for a regular runner in the context of our set up here at shows.

First order for me is to remove the external details, like saw, shovel and the fuel tanks so i can get to the guards. A testament to Mr Forgebears integrity is that he was genuinely concerned that sending one of these all the way down here could break bits off................in fact exactly the bits I'm about to tear off the thing !! It arrived in perfect order thanks to his packaging, now Im going to do what the post did not :wtf:

As to removing the detail bits, the infamous H/L glue monkey has a father that works in Taigen :problem:
The on/off switch has to be relocated too, great to have it under the engine deck hatch, but that cannot be opened until the turret is turned to 90 degrees from the hull, an oxymoron if ever there was.
Attachments
039631E0-19A1-43A8-A193-D4A64E6B6C3B.jpeg
2C74CADB-C9A0-4B3D-95E6-C069372EE762.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

Post by Jimster »

That is indeed a beast of a tank. I look forward to seeing you apply your magic touch to it. And thumbs up to Forgebear for the most professional packaging and shipping.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: IS-2 "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Jimster, I suppose now I'm buried deep in this project already................. :problem:

When you look at a plate of bacon & eggs, and consider the level of contribution that both ingredients took to be made................. :think:
The Chicken - was involved
The Pig- was Committed !!!!!!!!

Me, with a model that cost me a thousand bucks to get hold of............... 8O
COMMITTED !

The Wife walked past & casually remarked "new project eh, which one is that your making all the noise on ?"
"Its that one we got (notice the we thrown in)from England a year ago"
Well, all I can print here is a stream of Morse code bleeps that spelled out
"you spend a grand on a model & now you've cut half of it off you idiot :wtf: " (edited for G rating :shifty: )

Ahh well, at least its not a Tamiya version at $1600AUD I'm smashing into eh ;)
More training required by the looks :shh:
Attachments
C6BF916E-9273-4C5D-B207-B8C0750BC7CA.jpeg
90E4A19F-9BFD-4E30-B78E-8356E0F01712.jpeg
591ECFF2-AD23-4C3D-A243-2B5036305465.jpeg
49E86293-F952-4B0C-8CBB-B433561E1FE4.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: IS-2M "BRUTE OF THE PROLETARIAT"

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://warspot.net/321-is-2m-small-mod ... large-tank

A bit of insight into the JS/IS development.
I think I've decided on the one I will base mine on .......................
Attachments
nE9d2XPnV78.jpg
nE9d2XPnV78.jpg (43.24 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
2b3da34dbca6787f231bd5742b9d6c0c.jpg
2b3da34dbca6787f231bd5742b9d6c0c.jpg (73.72 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
Happy Holidays! The IS-2 from Torro is remarkably well done right out of the Box. I had to look around to find details to add to mine to help it shine even more ( crew and turret MG(s) mostly) as a Depot Fresh tank. I know that you will achieve the battle worn finish you are looking for. You are noted for bringing the battlefield to the vehicle. Following along!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

You love your Russian armour at the moment!

Look forward to the progress of cutting and being told off!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

By the way, that’s some crazy track sag on the prototype photo!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Herman!
Happy Holidays! The IS-2 from Torro is remarkably well done right out of the Box. I had to look around to find details to add to mine to help it shine even more ( crew and turret MG(s) mostly) as a Depot Fresh tank. I know that you will achieve the battle worn finish you are looking for. You are noted for bringing the battlefield to the vehicle. Following along!
regards,
Painless
Thanks Mr Wolf, thats a nice way of putting it !
Everyone has a 'thing' that they like, mines more of a been there-done that kind of look, and its hard to find many photos of the tanks when new, seems most of the interesting stuff was filmed out in the field when the action was ever present.
Appreciate you keeping tabs on me ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote:You love your Russian armour at the moment!

Look forward to the progress of cutting and being told off!
Yes mate, its a phase I think !
Allows a certain level of 'destructive licence' to get the right look.

Loads of grinding & vacuuming going on today. The Taigen chassis are built like the proverbial brick-outhouse so some force with a grinder was required.
Still to trim a little more, but the idea is taking shape now.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jimster wrote:By the way, that’s some crazy track sag on the prototype photo!

Sure Is Mr Jimster, seems to be the norm on the JS2 machines in most period film.
Im hoping mine can retain its tracks while having that same drastic level of sag.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”