SU '85 AN-BRI-RAMINATOR PROJECT

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Re: SU '85 AN-BRI-RAMINATOR PROJECT

Post by Dr Phibes »

Herman, I don't know if this helps but regarding the Taigen V3 sounds/MFU the stock Taigen Panther I got from RCTanks.de runs a V3 with servo recoil and elevation. I haven't pulled it down yet but, as far as I understand and can see, Taigen use a small board (analogue to digital or some such I'm guessing) to power and control the servos. How it's wired I don't know at present. Still, perhaps the board can be sourced from Taigen or somewhere as an upgrade if you really want to keep the V3 Russian sounds?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Some months ago, Taigen/Torro released expensive versions of some of their tanks equipped with V3 and servos; others are equipped with V3 and smoking barrels. Apparently, alas, both options are not available together. Here are some examples:

Jagdpanther with servo: https://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-Jagdp ... n-IR-Servo

Beutepanzer KV-2 with smoke: https://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-KV-2- ... n-IR-Rauch

Beutepanzer KV-2 with servo: https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/1-16-RC- ... ition.html

Ioseph Stalin with smoke: https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/1-16-RC- ... ition.html
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Mr Bix, you must try to keep up! ;)

If you take a look at my SU100 posts in the thread we all hijacked a couple of months ago, you can see that l used a Taigen v3 mfu and sound module and both the mfu and hobby standard micro servos to carry out all the functions l wanted.

By using a good hobby standard radio system, such as the budget 10 channel Flysky FS-IS-X and one of their 10ch receivers, you can use the supplied cables to connect the up to 6 receiver channels to the mfu sockets (the manual tells you what channels to connect to which sockets but it's actually self configurable) which leaves you 4 or more free channels to control your own servos, light and function switching modules etc.

By using the suite of powerful channel 'mixing' functions on the transmitter you can, for example, use channel 4 to fire the cannon on the mfu, giving you the Taigen sound plus if you chose, the IR, recoil via the stock supplied module or you can link say Chanel 7 to follow Ch 4 to operate a servo or two to get those functions. This works for all the other operations so retaining the mfu based sounds but allowing you to add and use your own electronic gizmos! The SU 85 and 100 has enough internal space to fit in a cinema organ (unlike the early T34 turrets) so there's plenty of space for extra servos, control rods etc.

You'll also find, btw, that driving control improves enormously using the hobby standard radio with the v3 mfu putting it above the HL V6 and upwards, a great bonus.

Hope this helps you and others :thumbup:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Appreciate the info fellas, its just that im not real smart when it comes to that electronic voodoo & the idea of programming a radio is like speaking Swahili while gargling marbles (oooh a bit like a Glaswegian sounds when full of Scotch :O )
I will certainly have a sniff around it though.

I was thinking about paint on this just now...............not a lot of options as we know, but the way the thing looks and its stance, Im almost inclined to go with Pearl Chameleon metallic and racing stripes :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

An-Bri-Raminator is a hell of a portmanteau, it rolls off the tongue! :haha: I know you'll do Andreas' memory proud with this build, Herman.

Excellent work fitting the Panther wheels, it's a really unique look. Perfect for a war-weary machine beaten half to hell and back! Let me know if the different rolling diameters are a problem, I'll print some replacement tyres that match the Panther's. If you get me the inner diameter of the Panther hubs, I can do you some T-34 hubcaps to suit them too. It looks like they project out some distance from the Panther wheel, they must be attached to the T-34's wheel hub.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

They would stick out as per the period pictures but there is not a lot of room in the Tamiya wheel to play with.
So they are not quite spot on for positioning.
I have gone a fair way back to go forwards , ripped to bits a lot of your hard work.
The BB unit had to go.
So I sliced the bottom off it, retaining the upper bit with the piston arrangement .
I will think of how to join the barrel to this for recoil somehow.
Elevation mounts broke during testing so the standard HL unit was sent to the spares box to be replaced with a servo.
I stuffed a smoker in the front which I will run hoses from to the rear , and a small V6 speaker which is reasonable without being a Visatron !!

Bits and bobs done as well like auxiliary fuel tanks being dressed & made ready to dent, and I sliced the lid off one of the tool boxes to make it open a bit with stuff showing out of it.
Blacked out the engine compartment that can be seen through the mesh & louvers, I can’t stand bright bits through engine decks!
Little things.
Took the advice of Mr Lav & banged a quick cam job onto two of the Panther wheels, leaving the other plain gelb.
Attachments
7A8CCC3F-3501-44B4-97D6-9D1E42148684.jpeg
B0E35D45-0BA5-4F73-91ED-5D9F9A5B79A8.jpeg
DE8AD801-E725-4CD3-8EC1-3CA81D583194.jpeg
7A0719B3-F334-45A3-A8BB-7DF907CB7F3D.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Looking good :)

Subtle and not the in your face, brand new look.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote:Looking good :)

Subtle and not the in your face, brand new look.
Thanks Mr Lav, once the usual weathering caper is carried out no doubt they will blend in better again.
Good Idea mate, Im a bit miffed as to why I didnt think of that myownself :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The carnage of removing the BB mechanism behind me, I came up with a plan on how to use the basic functionality of the remnants to use as a recoil system, and preserving the pre-made mounting that Mr Raminator had already made to get it into the resin An-Bri casemate.
The front part of the BB unit which is a the loading chute for the ammo, now acts as a low friction sleeve for the metal barrel.
Of course to ensure I have a plan-B if required, the barrel is removable.
I used a couple of brass tubes that telescope over each other to go inside the barrel secured by a Taigen suspension grub screw put into the hole normally used to vent the air from the BB shot.Tapped it 3mm & the screw goes onto the brass tube nice & solid.
I bored out the piston to take the other end of the brass sleeve, and after a bit of testing & setting, secured that with Gel super glue.
Once the case halves are joined together, after a little bit of lube on the sliding areas, the lot should work a treat with the servo hooked up.
No need for miles of recoil stroke, as long as it recoils ;)
Attachments
FA8330A8-C4DD-4FFF-9767-D6B9572EF69B.jpeg
BE437C3F-C455-4AD6-8A9C-BFB8F44FEF4C.jpeg
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

http://www.allworldwars.com/T-34%20Tank ... anual.html

Just in case anyone wants to know how to fix one !!

I was looking for confirmation of what was the usual contents of the side mounted tool boxes on these tanks.
I can assume that one had track repair tools in it, and the tensioning equipment in the other perhaps?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”