Another Taigen T-34/85, Late '45

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Re: Another Taigen T-34/85, Late '45

Post by Dr Phibes »

Thanks again to all for the encouraging comments, as I say they are very much appreciated.
Herr Dr. I will indeed try your advice with a couple of whirly-eyed HL commander figures I have.
Raminator, I prepare most metal parts with a little sanding and a coat of 'Mr Metal Primer'. I find this product very good preparation for metal. The AK Easy Cast adhered very well. Of course the surface of the Taigen metal turret already has a roughish surface which helps. It's hard to say how well it will hold up but it seems to me pretty permanently in place.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Outstanding, what a superb build, inside and out, one to be very proud of :thumbup: :clap: :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

You're way too modest, Doc. :D keeping textures (including zimmerit, bullet damage, casting irregularities etc...) in scale, is one of the hardest effects to manage, if one wants that credible 'lived-in', 'been- through- the-wars' look. You've succeeded by anyone's standards. :clap: Give yourself a large pat on the back, or maybe a large snifter :thumbup:
It also goes without saying that a Phibes interior will be well-arranged, and thoroughly orderly. :D :thumbup:
I'm picking up Good Phibrations. ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Looks very nice Dr Phibes! A classic.

Return to “Other Builds”