KV-13(OBJEKT 233 )

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Artem RedArmy
Private

KV-13(OBJEKT 233 )

Post by Artem RedArmy »

Good afternoon. I'll start by posting photos and a description of the work on the KV-13 tank. Image
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: KV-13(OBJEKT 233 )

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:O Surely, that's the real thing? :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

The main motive for the construction of this model is a tank in size like the T-34 and as a KV in cross-country capability. I started doing this project in January 2019. At that time, I had no information other than a few photos. Within a year I found the factory drawings and made a 3d model based on these drawings. Interesting fact: this tank was the first to be called the JS-1. After creating a 3D model, I made another 3d model - an assembly one. I started working on the production from the turret and further down))
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Artem RedArmy wrote:
phpBB [video]
:clap:
Love the ring of tiny ball-bearings. Tamiya turrets generally sit on 3 or four bearings, but with a ring of bearings, yours will turn as smooth as glass. :thumbup: The clip also demonstrates just how useful 3D printers can be for making bearing structures!. Lovely work there, Artem.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Great work Artem, I'm pleased to see that you've put as much work into the mechanical side of the design as its appearance. :clap:

Interesting about the link between the KV-13 and IS-1, I'd always thought that IS-1 was an offshoot of the KV-85 but the lineage is obvious with the stepped glacis seen on the earlier IS-2s.
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

The Js-1 was a continuation of work on the KV-13. They are very similar in design. This is clearly visible in the factory drawings. KV-85 is a forced measure - they put a tower from JS-1 on the KV-1s housing.
Last edited by Artem RedArmy on Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

From what I was reading (and it could be wrong) the KV-85 was created because the JS-1 turrets were ready, but the JS-1 chassis wasn't so used the turrets on the KV-1 chassis to get the tanks into the war effort as quickly as possible.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

Artem RedArmy
Private

Post by Artem RedArmy »

tankme wrote:From what I was reading (and it could be wrong) the KV-85 was created because the JS-1 turrets were ready, but the JS-1 chassis wasn't so used the turrets on the KV-1 chassis to get the tanks into the war effort as quickly as possible.
M. Svirin voiced this nonsense in his book. The KV-85 was put into production as a temporary option during the preparation for the production of the JS-1. In fact, this situation happened with the KV-1S tank. About 70 KV-1S tanks were produced on the hull of the KV-1 tank

Return to “Other Builds”