Hobby Boss Tiger 1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Hobby Boss Tiger 1

Post by Meter rat »

As shown in the show off section, my wife bought me this, Hobby Boss Tiger 1. So I spent yesterday evening, out of the pub, and building it to this stage. With some time on it today.
CF8C8443-0088-4F88-97B3-91035A1BBD2E.jpeg
789F22FA-22BA-4DA8-8FC9-BEEBE99340B2.jpeg
BF7AF7DB-43AF-4A61-94A7-6CB7EACDEF48.jpeg
Now, this looks as though it has the potential to be made operational. Has anyone done this, and any and any idea what equipment to use? Asking here first so I done throw money at unsuitable equipment, which I am very good at.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hobby Boss Tiger 1

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, we would need some additional information, to judge whether it is a Full plastic or metal, that is to say, chassis, rollers, tracks, etc. ball firing system, or infra red? otherwise, I would say that seems to me to go well, otherwise what type do you want to achieve? middle or end of production?
because there are still many details, to add, in terms of functions? Would you like to please yourself or reproduce a historical copy, in this case there are still many details to add, it is according to your choice and financial means? for info, attached link on the genesis of the Tiger I
http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It looks like you've already built far to much of the model if want to make it RC operational! Far better to reason how you are going to do it first and then build the model and operational parts/electronics as you go.

You can assume the wheels and suspension components will need replacing or enhancing, along with the tracks. You could take an easier route and use a RTR lower hull and modifying the deck and turret to work with the electrics.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

The hobby boss tiger 1 is a static version of the wsn/trumpeter tiger 1 there are a few builds on the forum found a few but there are more

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25797
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11403
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25614
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

General Jumbo01 wrote:It looks like you've already built far to much of the model if want to make it RC operational! Far better to reason how you are going to do it first and then build the model and operational parts/electronics as you go.

You can assume the wheels and suspension components will need replacing or enhancing, along with the tracks. You could take an easier route and use a RTR lower hull and modifying the deck and turret to work with the electrics.
Jofaur86 wrote:Hello, we would need some additional information, to judge whether it is a Full plastic or metal, that is to say, chassis, rollers, tracks, etc. ball firing system, or infra red? otherwise, I would say that seems to me to go well, otherwise what type do you want to achieve? middle or end of production?
because there are still many details, to add, in terms of functions? Would you like to please yourself or reproduce a historical copy, in this case there are still many details to add, it is according to your choice and financial means? for info, attached link on the genesis of the Tiger I
http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html
Just going to build it as per the kit, as I am not really into WW2 stuff and I want to spend my money on my Challenger. I would be happy if I could get it running, the turret turning, sound, exhaust, and smoking gun with flash? Everything is just loosely assembled with nothing permanent, so can be disassembled for conversation. I thought that Heng Long gear may do what I want. Hull and running gear are all plastic.

Return to “Other Builds”