RC 1/16 Sturmgeschütz III Ausf C/D

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RC 1/16 Sturmgeschütz III Ausf C/D

Post by Model Builder 4 »

If I remember rightly the profiline kit doesn't come with the shackle mount parts that you need :think: I used a tauch panzer as the donor vehicle which as you mentioned has them, I'm not sure if you could maybe just purchase a lower hull from one of these, thinking about it though I'm not sure if the mounts would come as part of the upper or lower hull ??? I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I come across one :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Forgebear has the upper hull. Unless it’s an accessory, it’s not on the upper.
Last edited by Estnische on Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

I’m using a Tauchpanzer upper for a base, and it did not come with the shackle mounts, looking online the accessory kits also don’t include them, looks like they come pre installed on RTR tanks, but $150 is pretty steep just for some shackle mounts.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

How about $7.56... They are on this page item 3849-060: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001097 ... 1963%22%7D

I've ordered from them off AliExpress and although they aren't the fastest in the world, they do provide pretty much every part for any HL tank available. If I order from them I try to make the shipping worth while as those parts are like $2 with $5.56 shipping.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

tankme wrote:How about $7.56... They are on this page item 3849-060: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001097 ... 1963%22%7D

I've ordered from them off AliExpress and although they aren't the fastest in the world, they do provide pretty much every part for any HL tank available. If I order from them I try to make the shipping worth while as those parts are like $2 with $5.56 shipping.
You are a life saver! Got them coming. Also reached out to Dave at Forgebear, he also has some on order for me, we will see which ones come first, in the meantime lots of sanding and fitting ahead.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That "Tank Zhang" company has every part from every HL tank as far as I've seen. I would guess that they are one of HL's suppliers of injected plastic parts.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

They have listed the Leopard 2 remote weapons station for around $60USD that I have not seen anywhere else. A bit pricey compared to other Heng Long parts.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 1420OontBv

Return to “Other Builds”