Another Takom Panzer 1 B Build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Another Takom Panzer 1 B Build

Post by lmcq11 »

Very nice, congrats on your successful build.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That's a dandy! :thumbup: I have the Pzkw.I as well as the Chinese and Japanese Type 94s, all unbuilt. I am contemplating powering one of them, and you have made the Pzkw. I quite appealing, although I am not up to your level of RC skill. I know this question seems nuttier and pecan porridge :crazy: , but would you happen to know the weight of your Pzkw.I ?
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

11 ounces, with stock plastic tracks. Metal ones are enroute. I can't find upgraded tracks for the Type 94's. Are they individual link, or bands?
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I don't know why I didn't find your answer sooner: 11 oz. Thank you! I am thinking of a conversion using a static kit, but I need to keep the weight down (on the tank, too). :D
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

An addendum for those contemplating an r/c conversion:

I used the Heng Long gearboxes for this conversion. My subsequent conversion was from a Takom DAK PzKpfw 1A. I'd entered it in July's TOTM. For that one I used an Arduino robot tank gearbox setup because it looked simpler. It was inadequate; the tank with its plastic tracks would run and turn on a smooth floor, but on any other surface the friction would tend to stall the motors. Also, I wanted to replace the plastic tracks with metal ones from R-Model. That extra weight would have overwhelmed the transmission, so I removed the Arduino and used another Heng Long transmission and I'm much happier. It handles dirt and metal tracks just fine.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:

Return to “Other Builds”