Looking for a vendor of CNC styrene kits - NOT Ludwigs

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Looking for a vendor of CNC styrene kits - NOT Ludwigs

Post by tankme »

Wondering if you guys could help. A while back I came across a site that had CNC cut kits very similar to Ludwigs (but not Ludwigs). It had a couple versions of 1/16 Hummers and I believe some APCs (either the M59 or M75). Of course there were other kits. I don't think the site had a store for purchase. I think you had to Email him to buy a kit. For the life of me I can't find the link I bookmarked for it. I believe it was a German site. I know Ludwigs has a Hummer kit and that's not what I'm looking for. I was actually more interested in the M59 or M75.

Any ideas what it could be?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Looking for a vendor of CNC styrene kits - NOT Ludwigs

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Haven't known of any others but did come across this clip. Perhaps its from one of the kits you're seeking?

https://youtu.be/-JKt7CZgURk
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.49.19 PM.jpg
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I go along with Tom with reference to Modelbau, Very nice conversion kit for the PZ4 to an Ausf D :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tankme

Post by tankme »

Thanks Tom, but I have those bookmarked. It just bugs the crap out of me that I can't find the site again. The funny part is I went there because 1/16 Hummers are hard to come by, but bookmarked it for the other kits he had. I think this is the guy making the kits, but I can't find any info from the forum post about a website:

https://www.rcpanzer.ch/wbb/index.php/T ... mmer-1-16/

I joined the forum so maybe I can just PM him and see if he's the guy I'm looking for.
Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Haven't known of any others but did come across this clip. Perhaps its from one of the kits you're seeking?

https://youtu.be/-JKt7CZgURk
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.49.19 PM.jpg

Yes that is an M59 which is one of the vehicles I was looking at. I left a comment inquiring if it was a kit or a scratch build.
Derek
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankme

Post by tankme »

Yup, that's it. Thanks Tom. I knew someone would find it or at least that I wasn't totally crazy. Well not totally anyway... :)

After looking at the site I now know why I couldn't find it. When you bookmark it, it shows as Wheel Chain Workshop. I actually still had the link, but ignored it thinking it was related to parts for my chain driven 1/6th scale tanks. :crazy:
Derek
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

There is a small but important difference in English and German, When the English talk of Tank tracks they are almost always interpreted in German as CHAINS,
Once you know that it ceases to be a problem,
To a Brit a chain is nothing to do with a Tank Track hence the confusion.
The broader problem is that the two languages started off together then the english language with its expansion of empire included french and indian and malay and dozens of other languages to make it really confusing,
I love the idea of Gaelic and Irish and Welsh and Cornish as an integral part of our national tongue but somehow we need to accept the basics of the English language as a form of national and international communication and yet allow the broader beauty of our mother tongue to coexist unrestrained within our islands.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi,
he did´nt offer any Kits or parts.
tankme

Post by tankme »

jarndice wrote:There is a small but important difference in English and German, When the English talk of Tank tracks they are almost always interpreted in German as CHAINS,
Once you know that it ceases to be a problem,
To a Brit a chain is nothing to do with a Tank Track hence the confusion.
The broader problem is that the two languages started off together then the english language with its expansion of empire included french and indian and malay and dozens of other languages to make it really confusing,
I love the idea of Gaelic and Irish and Welsh and Cornish as an integral part of our national tongue but somehow we need to accept the basics of the English language as a form of national and international communication and yet allow the broader beauty of our mother tongue to coexist unrestrained within our islands.
Yeah I normally account for those little nuances, but as of late Google has gotten too good at translating pages for me. It seems that sometimes I don't even notice I'm reading a foreign language page since I've had Google translate it in the past. I had soooo many bookmarks that I was filling them in folders to keep track and that one seems to have slipped through the 'ole brain filter.
jhamm wrote:Hi,
he did´nt offer any Kits or parts.
His build of the M113 looks to be CNC cut. He also mentions something about only building kits in his forum post and to contact him with questions. I recently purchased the M75/M59 "Boxes on Tracks" book and it's very good so I may end up building these APCs, but if he has any way to share ANY help even if it isn't a kit I'd be fine with that. My girlfriend just picked up a Cricut printer for her hobbies and I may design my own kit to cut out of styrene from that printer. Even if it just scores the styrene it will greatly reduce any build errors. If it works out I could offer a basic cut kit, but that is pretty far down the road. The running gear for these is easily obtained from the M41 Bulldog. Of course some measurements may need to be adjusted since I believe the tracks on the Bulldog are a little wider than they are supposed to be.
Derek

Return to “General Discussion”