KV-220 build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

KV-220 build

Post by LordPanzer »

Starting my KV220 build project today as its been stored away for a bit. Will be starting with Taigen metal lower, wheels and tracks with a henglong upper and a 3d printed turret from DKLM RC. Have quite a bit of body work to get sorted out as I'll start by removing the current side upper and lower hull bolted on armor plates. Will need to build some rear engine deck vents and of course steel flame cuts and weld seams to start. Possibly remove a section of fender. The KV220 or Object 220 was a prototype design of which 2 where built in 1941. 1 was forced into battle and quickly knocked out by the Germans. The 2nd turret was used as a pill box. Unique little part of Russian armour history. These are all the reference photos I was able to find. Even the blue prints !

For the build I do have a TK80 board sidelined along with visaton speaker and the turret came with servos for recoil, elevation and even 360 rotation of the upper machine gun turret on top. Will need to sort out controls of that one later. I have not picked up a Dedicated gearbox for this as I have a DKLM gear box in a Tiger 1 that I'd like to be able to swap back and forth as needed. I have an extra brace and gears I will dedicate for the KV. What I will need to find is some 48mm shafts. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Re: KV-220 build

Post by Captain Hilts »

Looks like a good project. I like a Russian tank. I will watch to see how it turns out. :thumbup:

Return to “Other Builds”