Torro KV 1 864 build ,repaint, weather, elmod new sounds

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Re: Torro KV 1 864 build ,repaint, weather, elmod new sounds

Post by Captain Hilts »

ElMod back in and have attached the volume switch in just under the front hatch .
Attachments
kv 1 build 45.jpg
kv 1 build 44.jpg
kv 1 build 43.jpg
kv 1 build 42.jpg
kv 1 build 41.jpg
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

I think its about there, made a little tarpaulin for it .
Attachments
kv 1 build 58.jpg
kv 1 build 57.jpg
kv 1 build 55.jpg
kv 1 build 54.jpg
kv 1 build 53.jpg
kv 1 build 52.jpg
kv 1 build 51.jpg
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Decided to add some shell damage , I might as well go the full mile and try everything out on this KV , I drill the holes ,3 bigger shell hits on the mantlet and 4 smaller on the side armour, I pressed tamiya putty in with a paint brush handle to make it look like molten metal, let dry and paint it gun metal and added black pigments ,hope you's like it. I know Kolobanov took about 157 hits with his tank ,but I'm only going for 7 , maybe I will add more later :wtf:
Attachments
kv 1 build 58.jpg
kv 1 build 57.jpg
kv 1 build 56.jpg
kv 1 build 55.jpg
kv 1 build 54.jpg
kv 1 build 53.jpg
kv 1 build 52.jpg
kv 1 build 51.jpg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What a simple and effective way to model "hits"! :think: I must have some AFV on which to try that. Thank you!
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Yes doc , this is the first time I have tried it and I am pleasantly surprised how simple and effective it turned out , the drill slipped on the top hit and I thought for a moment oh no , but after some putty in and shaped to look like a shell hit from a lower angle and bounced off , it came out ok . Give it a go :thumbup:
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

So this is it with the Elmod mushroom ,ready to fight , think I'm finished now, next up test drive video , :D
Attachments
kv 1 build 17.jpg
kv 1 build 16.jpg
kv 1 build 14.jpg
kv 1 build 12.jpg
kv 1 build 11.jpg
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Well now ,I have decided to attached the Tarr smoker to the bracket on the top upper hull which locks the upper hull down . saves me having to remove the smoker pipes each time I remove the battery, but it needs some mods , first I had to remove the turret motor , skim down the 3 locating arms by 2mm , put it back on , this was the max I could go and still be ok on the lower part of the gears for the turret and it gave me 2mm which was perfect for fitting the Tarr smoker in. Also removed the locking device and catch from the locking bar and attached little magnets to the underside of hull top and bottom. They hold it down well . love magnets :haha:
Attachments
kv 1 build 13.jpg
kv 1 build 12.jpg
kv 1 build 11.jpg
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

So I'm finished I think . Got it outside for some photos , hopefully stays dry for a test run video . B|
Attachments
kv 1 build 110.jpg
kv 1 build 19.jpg
kv 1 build 18.jpg
kv 1 build 17.jpg
kv 1 build 16.jpg
kv 1 build 15.jpg
kv 1 build 14.jpg
kv 1 build 13.jpg
kv 1 build 12.jpg
kv 1 build 11.jpg
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Now I have made a new soundset for the KV 1 for the elmod , basically because I dont really like the one that comes with it . But this part has probably taken as long to do as the tank build itself , I have spent hours looking for KV videos on youtube with clear sounds , so I can copy sounds with the Audacity App and add them to the elmod . I could only find 2 videos good enough and 1 of them I had to write a search in Russian before I found it , and I don't even speak Russian :crazy: Its from a newly restored KV 1,Note the exhaust soot . The 2nd vid I took the engine sounds from a SU 152 that some Russian guys were restarting in a field after 65 years . So after many hours cutting and pasting sounds, mixing the starting sequence from a restored KV1 video to the engine sounds of the ISU 152 and keeping the horn from the KV1 as one of my user sounds, I think I'm happy with it . It took me a while to make the gear change revving and time the gear jolt . hope yous like it ,and any feed back that yous think might improve it would be welcome. The video of my tank is not the best as it started to rain , so I gave up , will post a better one Tomorrow if its dry. And before I post a video of my KV , I will post the videos of the tanks I stole the sounds from , then anybody wishing to make there own sounds will find these videos useful. :thumbup:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

So here goes my KV1
phpBB [video]

Return to “Other Builds”