1/16 WCP Flak 36 88mm

Custom designs 3D Printed
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

1/16 WCP Flak 36 88mm

Post by Will01Capri »

Hi Guys, thought i would share a new model i have been working on for a wee while, its another of my long standing models which has been sitting there screaming out to be finished design and built.
The detaching axles are still to come and will have a steering and suspension setup so they can be towed well offroad behind truck or halftrack.

So far I am working on a servo arrangement so that it can be moved with transmitter and if possible will try to make space for an IR emitter above the barrel

The first prototype is printing now, so within the next few weeks in and around all the other builds we are working on, it may start to come together.

The barrel will be metal and the moving parts will be set on bushes or bearings to help with smooth movement and long durable life.

Hope you enjoy the initial CAD pictures and I will start teasing with pictures as and when parts come off the printers. I think there is a good 200hrs of printing on this, so it may take a while!

Last edited by Will01Capri on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
tomhugill
Captain

Re: 1/16 Flak 36 88mm

Post by tomhugill »

Absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing it printed

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Another great looking model Will, look forward to more updates :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Looks like you have done it again. Great work.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Hello
The last few months I have been working on finally finishing off some other models which also include the mighty Flak 36 88mm
So this model is fitted with servo traverse and if used with 360 servo could turn all the way around. The next steps are making a elevation unit and recoil servo aswell, so watch this space :)
Built to be 1/16 scale although as usual allowances are made to strengthen otherwise weak points based on materials used and also to incorporate working features.
This will be a great addition to when I finally get on and make a famo.
The axles will start printing this weekend which will bolt on and secure to the flak 36 chassis, which will feature working leaf sprung suspension and steering hubs.
Hope you enjoy the pictures of the first rough print prototype. 200hrs print time in this one alone, so not sure how much will be when I make the higher resolution model!!!!

The barrel is full length metal tube all the way to the breech, so it reinforces the model greatly.

Pictures show comparison against 1/18 Merit version(its a nice model, but wrong size!)

I will get more pictures with other artillery and model pieces i have done to give a sense of scale :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Oh for goodness sake I have managed to live in harmony with my lady since 1973 but this could be trouble and I shall certainly be avoiding my Bank Manager for a few months :thumbdown:
Still a man has to have his priorities :thumbup:
A brilliant rendition of a an essential piece of WW2 militaria :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Bang goes another chunk of my pension, when this comes up for sale. I have to have one. :thumbup: :clap: I have 2 of the Merits which sit on mini dioramas, one european, one desert. It would be great to replace one, if not both of them with the real McCoy.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Will you be posting an "exploded view" (bad puns always intended) to give us an idea of the assembly required? I certainly will drool for one of these when it's ready.

(About five years ago, I built the Merit Flak 88, a kit and results I thoroughly enjoyed even if it nearly drove me bananas.)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Its a beast of an artillery piece with many parts
But may do a kit so it's part assembly as I think some will enjoy.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I dislike assumptions but assuming the Famo and the 88 will be sold by you will they be available as a matching pair as well as individually ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “WCP Models”