1/16 WCP offroad 1/4 ton utility 4x4 troop vehicle

Custom designs 3D Printed
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: WCP 1/16 offroad 1/4 ton utility 4x4 troop vehicle

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Will01Capri wrote:but now there are 2 options for wheel & tyre :)
Smart people will have both, accurate set for display, other set for running in the dirt ;)

Oh, I must be one of the smart people :D
In that case you & Lee are very smart people :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

YIPPEE! I have one coming when the development is done. Gimme slow gearing: let ‘em growl away. Leaf springs are good, for I am a low speed basement floor runner.
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:YIPPEE! I have one coming when the development is done. Gimme slow gearing: let ‘em growl away. Leaf springs are good, for I am a low speed basement floor runner.
William will stick a set of lower speed high torque motors in yours and trial it out and send the video. If you not happy we can always fit the same motors as per Lee & Mick.
He is actually making another couple of versions of these models, one will be a Rat Rod style version & the other will be setup more like a crawler with jacked up suspension, 4 link bars and coilovers, but it won't look anywhere as good as these because he will have to make space for larger transfer boxes which will take up the interior cabin.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:YIPPEE! I have one coming when the development is done. Gimme slow gearing: let ‘em growl away. Leaf springs are good, for I am a low speed basement floor runner.

Whilst wearing a smoking jacket/'Hefner' Robe, and loafers !! :haha: ...................one must fully appreciate ones salubrious situation when availed with such opportunities Sir eh :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ah, I see that Hermann (the devious one with two "n's") Bix is being naughty again. I, in contrast, am pure of mind.

Catherine: thanks for the post: it shows everyone how helpful and nice you folks are!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Got the battery partly charged and handed over to Oscar my son (who is 6) to give it a good drive around whilst i did a video.
This is Catherine's personal test & development vehicle.
We are really impressed with how this little thing runs.

We have also developed our own axle casings now, which i hope to show off soon as getting hold of the axles for these little things is getting hard and expensive.

Enjoy and dont forget to say hello to Oscar
phpBB [video]

For us, this is what modelling is all about, its sharing the joy with the family :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Willi, Catherine, and Oscar: what fun! I wonder if I will be able to drive as well as Oscar. Now I am getting all hyped up for the fun, too. And then there's the 88 you are working on... Oh, dear...
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Willi, Catherine, and Oscar: what fun! I wonder if I will be able to drive as well as Oscar. Now I am getting all hyped up for the fun, too. And then there's the 88 you are working on... Oh, dear...
Haha, yes the 88mm is just about there, i have printed 8 partly so far, but they are 370hrs each to print! I need to buy some more printers lol

Next video i have to get Abigail test driving one of the trucks, she is 5 and i even remember 2 years ago we were at Bridlington model boat club and we gave her a Russian fuel tanker to drive around and she was impressing the old guys at the truck layout. They were amazed at her ability so young. I think we have bred a couple of chief test drivers for RC model vehicles :)

Don't worry if you can't drive as well as Oscar, spares will be available if needed hahahahaha :P
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Given the small size and the very badly kept garden lawn (snigger) she handles the terrain very well indeed. Sound? Now that would be a challenge! Maybe a canvas hood could be used to hide more electrics or just print cargo that could accommodate more tiny boards.

Very well done. You are a star!

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I have found myself with a spare 1/4 ton truck body, so we are turning that into something a bit special, so watch this space, but here are some pictures of the base modelImage

New improved leaf springs much softer, so the ride is even better and offers more flex, although it is never going to be any soft sprung crawler! :)
Well the next variant might be as it has coil springs and big mud plugger tyres!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “WCP Models”